With the latest season of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure coming to a close it's time to celebrate the series with a battle between the protagonists of two of the most popular parts. In many ways both Part 3 and Part 5 are very similar; both follow a rag tag group of misfits on a sprawling journey to defeat the mysterious leader of an organisation with a busted stand. Both have to fight their way through dozens of enemy stand users and lose members along the way but in the end their resolve allows them to come out victorious. When these two groups meet in the battle will the globetrotting multinationals be the ones to continue their Crusade? Or will the Italian mobsters continue on their journey to rise through the ranks of Passione. It's time to find out as;
The Stardust Crusaders: A group of Stand users, travelling across the globe to defeat the vampire DIO.
The Golden Gangsters: Mafioso Stand users, tasked with protecting the Boss' daughter.
Who is Deadliest
- 1 Stardust Crusaders
- 2 Golden Gangsters
- 3 X Factors
- 4 Voting System/Notes
- 5 Battle
- 5.1 Old Friends, New Enemies
- 5.2 Lunchtime at Libeccio's
- 5.3 A Fiery Haze Descends
- 5.4 Anarchy in the Repubblica Italia
- 5.5 I’m just a Gangster (In a Rock and Roll Gang)
- 5.6 The Man with the Golden Gun
- 5.7 The Hermit’s Sticky Fingers
- 5.8 A Fool’s Errand
- 5.9 Stardust Caught in a Golden Wind
- 5.10 The Phone Call
- 6 Final Verdict
The Stardust Crusaders are the main group from the third part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Consisting of six Stand users the group was first formed by Joseph Joestar to defeat the vampire DIO, who had taken over the body of his grandfather, Jonathan Joestar. Originally consisting of Joseph, his Grandson Jotaro and Joseph's friend Avdol, they later added Kakyoin and Polnareff, stand users brainwashed by DIO, to their side and together they went on a journey from Japan to Egypt, in order to defeat DIO and stop his plan for world domination.
Stand: Star Platinum
Star Platinum takes the appearance of a purple humanoid figure with black wavy hair with a muscly build. It has the following abilities;
- Superhuman Strength: Star Platinum possesses immense strength, being able to throw a Jeep carrying four men and a girl out of the path of an 18-wheeler with one hand, later pulling the same Jeep out of a canyon with only a car as a counter-weight, and destroy large artificial diamonds within seconds.
- Superhuman Speed: Star Platinum can catch a bullet fired at point-blank range, and throw thousands of powerful punches within seconds.
- Self-Preservation: Star Platinum possesses the awareness and reaction speed to protect Jotaro in many instances that he himself seems unaware; halting a bullet he experimentally shoots at his own head; protecting him while frozen by DIO's Time Stop; and reviving him from near-death by directly pumping his heart.
- Incredible Precision: Star Platinum utilises eagle-like eyesight throughout Stardust Crusaders. At some point, Jotaro, with Star Platinum's eyes, could see across a desert for four kilometres, as well as identify meaningful details, such as a specific type of fly in high-resolution images. It can also follow a card shuffle performed by a professional gambler, subsequently recounting the entire new order of the deck. This also allowed Jotaro to throw things with both great power and great accuracy, enabling him to increase the range at which he can attack and enemy by throwing projectiles at them. It's so precise that Jotaro has shown being able to fire a bullet with the same force as being fired from a gun at ranges up to 70 metres
- Star Finger: Star Platinum can suddenly and forcefully extend his middle and index fingers to a length of one or two meters, allowing it to perform sneak attacks and stab opponents from afar.
*Please not that this battle takes place before Jotaro's fight with DIO and therefore he has not unlocked his time stop ability.
- Above Average Strength and Durability While most of the time Jotaro let's Star Platinum do all the work, he isn't afraid to get his own hand dirty. He is strong enough to knock a grown man off his feet with one punch and support the full weight of another man while acting as a bridge of sorts. Even as a child Jotaro was able to lay down a vicious beat down on a grown man. On the durability side of things Jotaro is able to take a lot of punishment and even getting a ceiling fan embedded in his shoulder got nothing more than an annoyed shrug.
Stand: Silver Chariot
Silver Chariot: Polnareff controls the Stand Silver Chariot which takes on the appearance of a robotic humanoid, clad in a tight fitting set of medieval armour. Silver Chariot's main form of attack comes from it's Rapier which is sharp enough to cut through solid rock. It's abilities include;
- Superhuman Speed: Without a doubt Silver Chariot's best asset is it's speed. Silver Chariot is fast enough to skewer coins and balls of fire, deflect bullets and even keep up with the insanely fast Star Platinum's barrage of punches and that's when bogged down with it's armour. Polnareff can command Silver Chariot to shed it's armour to become even faster, so fast that it moves too fast for the human mind to comprehend so that it appears as though it is in multiple places at once. These doubles are not illusory; the Stand is moving between different positions at a speed that is faster than the eye can see. As such, were all the doubles to attack at once, it would mean that the Stand is attacking from all those positions simultaneously, giving it incredible destructive power.
- Superhuman Precision: As a result of it's superhuman speed, Silver Chariot is also incredibly precise. As previously mentioned Silver Chariot can deflect and slice in half bullets, slice through fire and even strategically break several items in a hotel room to allow it to see the battlefield, despite being unable to see beforehand.
- Armour: As mentioned above Silver Chariot is clad in a suit of medieval knights armour including a metal mask covering it's face. It is because of this armour that when attacked in this state Polnareff does not receive any corresponding injuries although the trade off is that it's speed is significantly lowered and Polnareff is unable to see through the Mask, meaning he has to constantly have an opponent in his eyesight in order for Silver Chariot to attack them effectively.
- Sword Shoot: A secret technique that Polnareff has shared with nobody, Silver Chariot can launch the blade of his rapier at an opponent with enough power to pierce through a human body and even if the attack misses it can be bounced of a wall or object to strike an opponent from an unexpected angle. The drawback of this however is that Silver Chariot can only materialise one sword and so is only usually used as a last resort.
Stand: Hermit Purple
- Psychic Powers: The primary purpose of hermit purple is the ability to discover information usually through the use of electronic equipment. Joseph has been shown using this ability in the following ways;
- Spirit Photos: The most common use of this ability, Joseph does this by using hermit purple to destroy a camera which prints off a picture of a person of location in it's current state. The psychic photos are usually linked to someone with a direct relation to Joseph, such as how it nearly always created pictures of DIO as he was possessing Jonathan Joestar, Joseph's grandfathers body. The photo cannot give specific locations of the person of place pictured rather it pictures them in their current state at that moment.
- Spirit Videos: Joseph can also use Hermit Purple to produce live psychic videos on a television. This can manifests itself by the television switching through channels at a rapid rate to try and create sentences which give information to Joseph or can be used to film a location such as when Joseph uses a television to broadcast the inside of his own brain.
- Manipulation of the Environment: Joseph can also use Hermit Purple without the use of electronics such as when he used dust to create a map which showed the location of a specific object.
- Grappling: While not strictly an offensive weapon Joseph can use the vines of Hermit Purple to grab hold of things with enough strength to choke someone or hold them in place, although the vines are weak enough that a relatively strong Stand or person can break out of them. Joseph can also use the vines to swing from place to place to increase his mobility or grab hold of objects. The vines are also very dexterous, able to manipulate a video game controller with great precision.
- Hamon Conductor: Hermit Purple can also be used to conduct Hamon and Joseph uses this to transmit Hamon along the vines as an offensive weapon.
- Ripple: Known as Hamon in the east, Ripple is the usage of energy of sun rays through a special breathing technique which allows the user to harness solar energy as an attack. Mostly used as a way to combat the undead, Ripple will also cause a severe pins & needles feeling before fainting on a normal person. An object, while charged with Ripple energy, will become more dangerous, and its user can perform several techniques that can combine with the warrior's own tactics, to allow for a very flexible fighting style. The biggest weakness of this style is that the user must have controlled breathing in order to use Ripple and if the user cannot properly breathe (aka they were being choked) then it cannot be used. Joseph most commonly uses the following types of Ripple attacks;
- Ripple Hair Attack: Joseph infuses strands of hair with Ripple which hardens them enough to block incoming projectiles, including gunfire. Joseph was also able to use a similar technique with spaghetti where he hardens it and uses it as a projectile, powerful enough to break a wine glass.
- Overdrive: Overdrive sends a large pulse of Ripple energy through an object. Joseph uses this in many creative ways, from sending a burst of Ripple through a cactus, along a string to entangle someone and most notably to fire the metals caps of a bottle drink at an opponent with enough force to break bones.
- Rebuff Overdrive: Another usage of the aforementioned Overdrive, Joseph uses Rebuff Overdrive to transmit Ripple into his elbows to deliver a powerful attack.
- Ripple Overdrive: Another usage of Overdrive is to channel the Ripple energy through the users arm to perform a powerful chop. This slowly transfers Ripple through the point hit, advancing until it blows up, with enough power to cut through solid bone.
- Zoom Punch: The Ripple user launches his fist forward and strikes his opponent. This attack involves a ripple breathing technique that dislocates and stretches the joints to extend the arm and give it greater reach while also using the same ripple to dull the pain caused by the move.
- Skilled Hand to Hand Combatant: Trained in hand to hand combat by Lisa Lisa as part of his Ripple training, Joseph is a skilled hand to hand fighter and can go toe to toe with vampires, other experienced Ripple users and even the incredibly powerful Pillar Men.
- Quick Wit: Undoubtedly Joseph's greatest asset in any battle is his keen intelligence and quick wit which enables him to outhink and manipulate his opponent. Joseph's favourite strategy is to psyche out his opponent by predicting what they are going to say next and analysing their personality in order to figure out how to anger them or put them off. Joseph is quick to exploit any character flaws that he can pick up from his opponent such as pride, honour or determination towards a certain goal, to his own advantage. Moreover Joseph makes great use of his environment and any objects he can find lying around to aid him in battle and his Ripple Overdrive technique makes any object he does pick up all the more dangerous. Joseph has successfully used bottles, icicles, pasta, hair, pebbles and even a plane as weapons to gain an upper hand. Joseph also uses his own goofy demeanour to attack from unexpected angles or make critical moves under the guise of clumsiness and will sometimes use on obvious trick to mask another trap set up to defeat his opponent.
Noriaki Kakyoin acquired his Stand at a young age and struggled to make meaningful relationships with other people as they couldn't see Hierophant Green. When vacationing in Egypt with his parents he was approached by Dio Brando, who saw his Stand potential and brainwashed Kakyoin into following him. He was given the mission to kill Jotaro Kujo but was defeated and had the flesh bud pulled out of his head, breaking the brainwashing. Kakyoin then decided to join Jotaro and the others in their mission to stop Dio, to restore his pride in himself and save Jotaro's mother from Dio's curse.
Stand: Hierophant Green
Kakyoin's Stand is called Hierophant Green. Hierophant Green takes on the appearance of a humanoid robot in the upper half of his body with the bottom half being made up of snake like coils which allows Hierophant to stretch to great lengths. It's abilities include;
- Coiled Body: As mentioned above the lower half of Hierophant Green is made up of coils and it can unravel itself to stretch great distances. Kakyoin was able to stretch Hierophant across a 20 metre radius several times over in his battle against DIO and was seen stretching up to 100 metres in the battle against the Sun, although it could likely stretch to much further distances. Kakyoin can also control the thickness of the coils from being as thick as a rope to thin as a piece of string which Kakyoin can use to ensnare or immobilise his opponent. The coils can also be used as a detection device, allowing Kakyoin to create a area of sensitive strings to detect movement and attack automatically if these "tripwires" are disturbed.
- Emerald Splash: Kakyoin's main form of attack with Hierophant Green is in the form of Emerald Splash. Hierophant gathers energy into it's body and fires it out in a shotgun like blast, in the form of rock hard emeralds. This attack has a roughly 20 metre range and can be fired multiple times in quick succession. Hierophant Green can also fire emerald splash from multiple directions as shown in the battle against Dio, where Kakyoin fires an emerald splash from a 360 degree angle.
- Marionette Control: Hierophant also has the ability to sneak inside of somebody and take complete control of their body, either to prevent them from attack him or to use as a weapon against an opponent. This ability is particularly effective against an opponent who is unwilling to harm an innocent as he can literally use the person as an offensive option or just as a human shield. While quite fond of using this ability when brainwashed by Dio, Kakyoin is reluctant to use this ability when not under his influence and only tends to use it as a last resort against an enemy he cannot hope to defeat.
Muhammed Avdol is a fortune teller by trade and a long time friend of Joseph Joestar. Initially he was brought in to help get Jotaro to leave the jail cell he had forcibly kept himself in and teach him about Stands he would later accompany Jotaro and Joseph on their quest to defeat DIO. Avdol acts as an advisor to the rest of the gang about Stands and their users and provides guidance on the various Stand users they encounter across their journey.
Stand: Magician's Red
- Flame Manipulation: Magician's Red has the ability to create and manipulate flames with incredible destructive power. These flames are powerful enough to evaporate metal projectiles in mid air and slice through steel railroad tracks. Avdol's main technique is called Crossfire Hurricane which shoots forth flaming ankhs for Magician's Red's mouth. He can also manipulate the Ankh's however he wishes and break them up into multiple pieces to attack an opponent from two directions simultaneously. Magician's Red can use its flames to bind an opponent, as if he were tying them up with a rope and by holding the flame close to a person's face it burns away the oxygen to knock them unconscious through oxygen deprivation. Finally the flames can also be used as a life detector by creating a compass of flames which flickers when it detects the heat source of any non-visible opponent.
- Superhuman Strength & Speed: Aside from its flame manipulation Magician's Red is also a very physically capable stand, able to grapple with Star Platinum and shatter Judgement's armour with a powerful kick. It is also very quick and was able to dodge the lightning fast strikes of Silver Chariot without much trouble.
Iggy is an ill tempered Boston Terrier, hailing from New York. Little is know of his background or how he received a Stand but he has spent most of his life living in the streets, where his Stand makes him the alpha male of the other strays. Unable to be captured by normal dogcatchers he was eventually caught by Avdol and was flown into Egypt during the hunt for DIO, as even with his antisocial behaviour he would still be a valuable asset on their mission.
Stand: The Fool
- Sand Manifestation: As stated above Iggy can use his Stand to form whatever he wants to from people, to objects or parts of the environment. These forms also take on some of the properties of what they are copying for example Iggy was able to turn the Fool into a glider to fly away. The Fool is remarkably accurate in these mimics and people it creates from sand are convincing enough to fool even close friends of the real person. Iggy can also use the Fool as a protective barrier, strong enough to protect him from powerful Stand attacks such as Horus' ice shards. As the Fool is bound to the Sand that it is manipulating it cannot be damaged and by extension Iggy is also not damaged if his sand creations are destroyed.
- Superhuman Strength: Despite being made of Sand the Fool is surprisingly strong, powerful enough to slice through a concrete pillar.
- Dog Senses: Naturally as a Dog, Iggy has a sense of smell and hearing much greater than that of a human. He is able to detect hidden enemies and their location, track down food through crowded city streets and was also able to detect the Stand Geb before it could attack. This makes it very hard for enemies to sneak up on Iggy or launch a surprise attack.
The Golden Gangsters are the main group of the fifth part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. A subdivision of the Italian mafia gang Passione, the gang was formed by Bruno Bucciarati and consists entirely of Stand users. In 2001, Bruno met fifteen year old Giorno Giovanna while investigating the death of another gangster and was impressed by his resolve and righteousness, allowing him to join his gang. Not long after this Bruno was promoted to Capo and tasked with protecting the Boss' daughter from a rouge squad within Passione.
- Life Giver: Golden Experience's main ability is the power to infuse inorganic objects with life. This usually manifests itself in the form of Giorno turning objects into plants or animals such as turning a piece of luggage into a frog or a stone into a spouting tree. Creatures that Giorno creates generally have minds of their own and thus he has to predict their actions to make use of them, although they seem to be drawn back to him to an extent. He can also turn these lifeforms back to their original form at will, making it useful for stealing things. The transformation process can taking a varying amount of time directly linked to the complexity of the life being formed, plants and insects can be grown instantly but more complex creatures like fish and reptiles can take several seconds. Initially when these lifeforms were created any damage done to them would be reflected back onto the person who damaged them but this ability was only seen once so Golden Experience may have evolved past this. There are however some limitations to this ability. Firstly Giorno can only transform non-organic things into lifeforms although severed body parts do not count as organic for some reason so can be transformed. Giorno can also not create life in conditions that are not suitable for life such as extremely low temperature. The creatures Giorno creates will act on instinct and so may do things that are detrimental to Girono's aim, such as when the snake he created burnt itself on a flame trying to retrieve a lighter.
- Tracking: A byproduct of Golden Experience's life giving abilities is that he can use the lifeforms to track a person. By transforming a broken tooth into a fly he was able to track which person Bruno was hiding in and by infusing one of his brooches with life energy he could track the Boss' movements after it was attached to his clothing.
- Life Shot: While it cannot turn living organisms into other lifeforms Golden Experience can infuse a being with life force by punching them. When used on a person it greatly accelerates their consciousness to the point where everything appears to move slowly to them. However this only effects their consciousness and their body is barely able to move at all. The heightening of their senses also means that any pain done to them lasts much longer and hurts much more than it would normally long such as when a a single punch to Bruno that was over in an instant lasted for several seconds. Golden Experience can also use this to accelerate the ageing process of plant life as showcased when he sped up the ageing of a tree so that it withered and died.
- Healing: Golden Experience can also be used to turn inorganic objects into flesh and organs which can be used to heal up himself and others and save them from gruesome injuries. Examples of this include turning his brooch into a hand that he cut off and transform bullets into the flesh they pierced instantly.
- Life Sensor: Girono can use Golden Experience to sense life itself which he describes as seeing life energy in clusters. This allows him to tell if if there are people hiding nearby by placing the hands of Golden Experience on a surface and to sense if people are alive by touching them.
- Superhuman Speed: While no physically stronger than a normal person, Golden Experience does possess superhuman speed, able to throw dozens of punches in seconds.
Stand: Sticky Fingers
- Zipper Creation: Sticky Fingers has the ability to create zippers by punching or touching and object or person. These zippers can be remotely opened or closed by Bruno at will. This can be used in a number of ways including;
- Travel: Bruno can use his Stand to create openings in walls or other solid objects with his zipper and move through it, closing it behind him to stop others from following him. He can also use it to travel rapidly underground by opening up the ground in front of him and stepping through it. Long Zippers can also be created and by holding onto the handle Bruno can travel rapidly down the length of the zipper by closing it.
- Dismantling: Alternately Sticky Fingers can completely cut through the entirety of an object dismantling it. This has a devastating effect when used on people as Bruno can remove a person's body parts or simply separate them into multiple pieces. The dismantling can also be done only partly, allowing Bruno to create a pincer effect by nearly cutting an object in half and then rapidly closing the zip. Another common usage of this partial dismantling is for Bruno to detach Sticky Finger's arm and launching at an opponent increase his melee range. The lethality of the dismantling can be controlled by Bruno, as Mario Zucchero was kept alive despite having his head zipped off whereas Pesci was killed instantly when he was cut into multiple pieces. Bruno also uses this ability on himself to separate himself into pieces to avoid being detected by Beach Boy and to unzip parts of his body to avoid attacks and then re-zip himself up. Which leads us into...
- Reattaching: Sticky Fingers also has the ability to reattached things together. The most common application of this is where Bruno detaches part of his body to avoid and attack then reattached them. It can also be used as a makeshift healing device, reattaching both Abbaccio's and Trish's hands after they were cut off and trap King Crimson's arm within his body after he was doughnutted.
- Storage: When Bruno attaches a zipper onto an object or person he can use it to store objects inside a dark void within the zipper. He has used this to store treasure inside of a urinal, hide objects like a phone inside of his own body and even to hide inside another person by creating a zip on them and hiding within it.
- Superhuman Strength and Speed: On top of it's zipper ability Sticky Fingers is also a physically powerful Stand, able to send a person flying with a single punch or lift them into the air, break through a car tire and match blows with other physically powerful stands like Oasis and Grateful Dead. Sticky Fingers is also a very quick stand, able to throw a dozens of punches in seconds and dodge punch barrages from other Stands without much trouble.
- Skilled Hand to Hand Combatant: Even though he has a physically powerful Stand to do his fighting for him, Bruno is not shy to get involved in a physical confrontation himself especially if his Stand is preoccupied with another opponent.He often uses his own fighting ability in conjunction with his Stand as a double pronged attack which is rare amongst Stand users who normally just allow their Stand to fight for them. Even at the age of 12 Bruno was able to ambush and kill two grown men who were violent gangsters with only a knife and as an adult he can drop a full grown man with a kick to the face.
Stand: Moody Blues
- Replay: Moody Blues' main ability is to reenact past events with exact detail. Abbacchio does this by selecting a particular time in the past and the timer on Moody Blues head will start to count down to that moment. It can then recreate every event happening in a particular location or to a particular person with Moody Blues itself taking on the appearance of said person. Not only does it replay the movements of the person it will also replay audio as well such as what music the person was listening to or any conversations they had with other people. The replay can be controlled like a video and Abbacchio can speed up the replay to skip unnecessary parts and pause it for further analysis. The further away in the past the event is the longer it Moody Blues must be immobile to reach it, a few minutes into the past may only take a few seconds to activate but 15 years required it to be immobile for 10 minutes. Moody Blues also cannot defend itself while broadcasting leaving both it and it's user vulnerable until the replay has finished.
- Form Imitation: As a byproduct of it's replay ability, Moody Blues can take on the form of an individual for a limited period of time. Abbaccio can use this to learn new information such as being able to pilot a plane by copying the motions of a pilot recorded by his Stand. It can also be used to disguise Moody Blues as another person such as when it disguised itself as Abbacchio to trick Ilusio into dragging it into the mirror world rather than itself.
- Human Level Physicality: While not a combat stand in practice, Moody Blues can still be used in an offensive role with enough strength to send a grown man flying with a barrage of punches. It has also been shown smashing it's face into solid stone with enough power to leave a imprint although the circumstances of this were abnormal and likely cannot be considered a judgement of it's physical strength.
Stand: Sex Pistols
- Bullet Redirection: The main purpose of Sex Pistols is to act as an aiming aide to Mista. When Mista fires a bullet one or more of the pistols can ride on top of it and redirect it by kicking it in the direction of whatever Mista wants to hit. This is most commonly used to either hit any enemy hidden behind cover or to strike from an unusual angle to catch them off guard. Alternatively one or more of the pistols can simply hover in the air and kick the bullet in the desired direction once it reaches them, allowing them to chain kicks together for even greater control of the trajectory. They can even fire a bullet with a gun being used by kicking the the bullet's primer. If all the pistols are on one bullet then they can kick it altogether to split it into multiple pieces, creating a fragmentation style attack.
- Reloading, Retrieval and Reconnaissance: Sex Pistols are also used to reload Mista's gun by loading up all the bullets at once, greatly increasing the reload time. This works best with a revolver as a pistol magazine is reloaded through a clip rather than a chamber.Sex Pistols can also retrieve small objects for Mista such as dropped bullets or ice cubes but are too physically weak to carry anything larger than themselves. Furthermore because of their aforementioned sentience Sex Pistols can also be used to relay information to Mista from afar with their range being roughly as far as the length of a train. They can also relay information back to Mista's teammates if need be and their sentience also means they can operate independently from Mista if he is unconscious or near death.
- Superhuman Speed: Naturally in order to be able to redirect a bullet Sex Pistols possess superhuman speed. The best example of this is during Mista's fight against Pesci and Prosciutto where Number 5 was able to block three bullets fired at point blank range and save Mista from being killed.
- Skilled Sharpshooter: Even without Sex Pistols to help him Mista is a crack shot with a revolver, able to fire accurately even under pressure. Most notably he was able to shoot and kill three thugs with four bullets while under fire, despite having never used a firearm before in his life.
- Equipment: Mista carries with him a short-barrelled revolver which comes with six hollow-point bullets in the swing-out style cylinder. Mista also carries spare bullets in his hat and shoes.
Pannacotta Fugo was a child prodigy born to a wealthy family and at the age of 13 was already enrolled into a university studying law. Here he was preyed upon by one of his professors who tried to entice Fugo with answers to the upcoming test. Fugo went into a rage and beat the man to within an inch of his life and while his family saved him from jail his parents disowned him. Roaming the streets Fugo used his genius to survive and eventually encountered Bruno Bucciarati who saw promise in the young man and took him under his wing.
Stand: Purple Haze
- Virus: Purple Haze's ability is to create a powerful flesh eating virus. The virus is stored inside of bulbs on Purple Haze's hands, three on each hand. When a bulb is broken the virus is released and surrounds the Stand, devouring anything within the infected area, apart from the Stand itself. The virus multiples rapidly inside a living organism's body, overrides their metabolic functions and makes them rot from the inside, killing the infected person in 30 seconds. Purple Haze can also shoot these bulbs like a gun if it is not within range of it's intended target. The major drawback to this is that the virus will indiscriminately attack anyone within the area, friend or foe making it a highly risky stand to use around allies or in a crowded area. Even Fugo himself is not immune to the virus and so has the decide whether to use his Stand to defend himself at close range or attack an enemy at a further range. The Virus is also weakened by light be it sunlight or artificial light such as that from a lamp.
- Superhuman Strength: Purple Haze also seems to possess superhuman strength as it was able to smash through solid stone with it's punches.
Aerosmith, is Narancia's Stand which takes on the form of a miniature toy airplane. It is a red propeller monoplane which comes equipped with pair of machine guns under each wing and a bomb under the fuselage. It has the following abilities;
- Armaments: As mentioned above Aerosmith has a pair of machine guns and a bomb for offensive use. The tracer bullets it fires have similar penetration power to that of a sub-machine gun and while they are not particularly accurate they appear to have infinite ammo. The bomb it drops has a similar blast radius and damage output of a grenade but unlike the bullets it does not appear to have infinite ammo and takes time to replenish. As a last resort it can even use it's propellers as a melee weapon, slicing through skin as a makeshift blade
- Radar: On top of these armaments, Aerosmith also has a radar which detects CO2 emissions. While active Narancia has a small radar levitate near his face which shows CO2 sources as blips on a circular radar around Aerosmith. This can be used to find any humans or other lifeforms in the area by sensing their exhaled breaths as well as flames, car exhaust pipes and even the heat emissions from bullet wounds. This gives Aerosmith extraordinary range as it doesn't require Narancia to be able to see an opponent to shoot them and he is skilled at determining the difference between emissions such as being able to tell if a person is breathing heavily because of injury or exertion or tell if one particular blip appears to be moving away from or towards his location.The drawback to this is that it can be thrown off by large CO2 emissions such as a large fire which can disguise smaller emissions and in a crowd of people it is unable to determine individual targets if their breathing matches those around them.
- Agility & Speed: Because of it's small size Aerosmith is also very quick and nimble, able to navigate around a sewer with ease as well as dodge attacks even from a very close range. It's top speed is also pretty high, enough to lift a person off their feet when colliding with them.
Physicality: Stardust Crusaders=85/Golden Gangsters=80
The Stardust Crusaders are, with the exception of Kakyoin and Iggy, big burly men who would obviously be physically stronger and tougher than the slimmer and daintier Golden Gangsters. Furthermore their Stands are also more physically capable than their Italian counterparts, whose Stands are more based around their abilities rather than being physically strong.
Experience: Stardust Crusaders=80/Golden Gangsters=70
The Crusaders win this for a couple of reasons. Firstly they are as a whole much older than the Golden Gangsters, most of whom are in their teens. Joseph alone boosts their rating significantly because of his age and experience fighting the supernatural. Secondly with the exception of Jotaro and Joseph, they've all had their Stands since birth so have had more time to practice and hone their abilities. The Gangsters had their Stands awakened through the Bow and Arrow and so have less experience in using them. Finally at this point in their respective timelines the Crusaders have faced more Stand users in battle so are more well versed in Stand battles than the Gangsters.
Creativity: Stardust Crusaders=85/Golden Gangsters=90
As you'd expect from JoJo, both these groups are pretty creative when it comes to using their stands in battle. However the advantage goes to the Golden Gangsters because their Stands allow them to come up with far more unorthodox battle strategies owing to the greater versatility. The Crusaders Stand's powers are very basic and while they can and do come up with creative ways to use these powers their still limited by their simplicity.
Teamwork: Stardust Crusaders=75/Golden Gangsters=85
Bruno has built his gang over several years and every member, with the exception of Giorno, have known each other for at least a year and built up a strong bond and learn about each other's strengths and weaknesses. The Stardust Crusaders have only known each other for short period of time, most of them less than a month and while they do have a good camaraderie it's not the same as being a group formed over years. The Golden Gangsters also tend to fight together more often and can match their Stand abilities together well when in combat whereas the Stardust Crusaders mostly fight their battles alone, only occasionally fighting together against an enemy.
Brutality: Stardust Crusaders=85/Golden Gangsters=95
Both of these groups are willing to kill if necessary but the Golden Gangsters are, well, Gangsters and so are much quicker to resort to brutal violence and go for the killing blow sooner. The only member of the Crusaders who goes straight for the killing blow right away is Iggy, the rest are usually happy to just beat their opponents to a pulp rather than killing them outright.
Battle takes place before the "Pet Shop: Gatekeeper of Hell" Arc for the Stardust Crusaders and before "The Mystery of King Crimson" Arc for the Golden Gangsters.
The battle location is Naples.
I've separated each individual into categories for ease of comparison but this is a team battle so don't base edges solely on the one on one categories, try to look at the warriors use to the team as a whole as well.
In order to be counted in full, votes must be at least 5 lines long or have been done in an edge format.
Anything less than 5 lines but which is competently argued and thought out will be counted as a half vote. I will inform anybody if their vote is considered a half vote and allow them to amend it to bring it up to a full point.
Irrelevant votes will not be counted at all.
I reserve the right to award a vote as half or discount it entirely for reason not mentioned here if I feel it is applicable.
Background: Set in an alternate universe where DIO was defeated without any casualties on the Stardust Crusaders side and without Jotaro having to unlock Star Platinum’s time stopping ability. The events of Diamond is Unbreakable never happened.
Old Friends, New Enemies
Naples Airport is always busy and today is no exception as thousands of tourists flood in to see the sights and trudge wearily home their holiday come to an end. The latest plane to come in is from New York, filled with American tourists who’ve travelled halfway across the world to enjoy the Italian summer. The first to disembark are the first class passengers and first amongst them is property tycoon Joseph Joestar, six foot five inches tall, muscles rippling under his tight fitting shirt and a fedora perched on light grey hair. He takes the headphones from his Sony Walkman as he descends down the air stairs and he is approached by a man wearing a hat with a wooden spoke wheel emblem, the words “Speedwagon Foundation” written above it. “Mr Joestar, you’ve arrived at last. Please follow me.” The man leads Joseph through arrivals, flashing his Speedwagon Foundation emblem to security who let them past without any hassle.
“Have the others arrived yet?” Joseph asks.
“Yes Mr Joestar. You just missed you grandson; he only landed an hour ago from Tokyo with Mr Kakyoin.” They exit the airport and a black car pulls up which Joseph gets into. As it navigates the traffic he looks out of his window, admiring the beauty of the city. “Beautiful women as well,” he thinks to himself before quickly banishing the thought from his head remembering what happened in Morioh. Eventually the car stops outside of an hotel and Joseph steps out, nodding to another Speedwagon Foundation employee who is watching over the front entrance. He takes the elevator up to the top floor, the penthouse suite, and raps on the door. It swings open and he is greeted by a silver haired Frenchman.
“Mr Joestar!” Polnareff says excitedly. “How are you ya mad old bastard?”
“Polnareff. I see you haven’t changed at all since I last saw you.” The two men grip each other’s shoulders affectionately and Polnareff leads him into the room. He shakes hands warmly with Avdol and Kakyoin and gets a solemn nod from Jotaro whereas Iggy doesn’t even look up from the coffee flavoured chewing gum he’s eating.
“It’s been a long time since we’ve all been together in one place.” Joseph says.
“Indeed, it has Mr Joestar, not since Egypt.” Avdol replies
“14 years. Has it really been that long?” Kakyoin asks.
“Too long.” Joseph says smiling. His smile quickly disappears. “However, we’re not here for a reunion. We’re here for something much more serious. As you’re all probably aware the current crime situation in Italy is very bad. Criminal gangs are unopposed by the police and politicians who have been paid to look the other way and the illegal drug trade is booming. The worst and most powerful of these gang’s is Passione. We don’t know much about the don of this gang nobody does, even the other members of Passione don’t seem to kn-.”
“What does that have to do with us?” Jotaro interrupts.
“Jotaro! I was getting to that if you’d just be patient.”
“You talk too much gramps just get to the point.”
Joseph sighs. “Fine. Passione has an unusual number of Stand users within its ranks, far too many to be down to pure chance. The Speedwagon Foundation have been looking into this for a few years now and they think that Passione has managed to acquire a Stand making arrow.”
“Arrow? Like the ones we found in DIO’s mansion?” Avdol asks.
“Yes. In fact, we believe that the two might be connected,” Joseph replies. “As part of their research into the arrows we found, the Speedwagon Foundation tried to trace their origin and discovered the arrows were found in Egypt during an archaeological dig. However, they were stolen and nobody knew where they were.”
“So, somebody must’ve taken them and sold them off to DIO.”
“That’s right Kakyoin. But here’s where it gets very interesting. When they looked into who was on the excavation crew, they came across the name Solido Naso. It was a name they were already familiar with. It’s one of the alias’ used by the leader of Passione! So that means…”
“The head of Passione is the one who gave DIO the arrow to awaken his Stand!” Jotaro finishes. A silence falls across the room as the implication sets in. “So, all the trouble DIO caused, all the people he murdered, was down to a greedy gangsters?” Polnareff says angrily. “Is that why we’re here, to take down this son of a bitch?”
Joseph hesitates. “Well yes, sort of. Like I was saying nobody knows anything about this man, what his real name is, where he is or if he’s even a Stand user himself? What we do know is that he is ruthless towards anyone who tries to find out his identity especially those within Passione itself.”
“Then how are we supposed to stop him Mr Joestar?” Kakyoin says.
“That’s a good question. While we know little of the Boss himself, we do know quite a lot about Passione such as it is based here in Naples. The Speedwagon Foundation has called us in because it would be too dangerous for non-stand users to try and investigate any further. We’ve got some avenues for investigation. The first is through the drug trade. We’ve been informed of a warehouse which is being used to distribute cocaine and heroin throughout the city. Jotaro, Kakyoin I want you two to investigate that.” The pair nod in agreement.
“The second thing we can look into is the racketeering. Criminal gangs make a lot of money from extorsion and Passione is no different. Polnareff I want you to-”
“If I may interrupt Mr Joestar, are you sure you want to send Polnareff off on his own?” Avdol says.
“And what the hell is that supposed to mean!” Polnareff says annoyed.
“Well it’s just every time we let you wander off by yourself you end up getting attacked by a Stand user.”
“Hey! That’s not true. Name me one time where that happened?”
“There was that time you were attacked in your room by Devo the Cursed, when you went off to confront J Geil and Hol Horse, when we ran into Enya the Hag in Pakistan-”
“Cameo, Alessi, Hol Horse again-” Kakyoin continues.
“And don’t forget that time he got possessed by that evil sword.” Jotaro adds . “Hmm, maybe your right,” Joseph says as Polnareff silently fumes. “In that case Avdol you can go and check around the local businesses. Take Iggy with you in case you need back up.”
“I don’t know why you bothered bringing that smelly mutt he won’t be any help.” Polnareff grumbles still annoyed. Iggy looks up from his chewing gum just long enough to growl menacingly at the Frenchman.
“We need all the help we can get. And don’t worry you won’t have to pair up with him you’re coming with me.” “And where are you going to be old man?” Jotaro inquires.
“Gangs are all split up into various factions lead by Capos. The capo of this particular area was a man called Polpo who ran his operation from inside a prison where he was serving a 15 year sentence.”
“Yes. A few days ago, he was found dead in his cell under mysterious circumstances. Originally the plan was to try and look into his activities but now he’s dead there will be a new Capo appointed.”
“And do we know who this new Capo is?”
“No. One thing we do know about Polpo as well was that he was in charge of the Passione initiation test and given how many Stand users they have in their ranks it’s likely he was also a Stand user.”
“So, what. If he’s dead now then what good does that do us.”
“Have a little more faith in me please Jotaro. Yes, he’s dead now but when he was alive he had a protégé if you will, someone who was tipped for big things in the organisation who helped Polpo out with duties he could not carry out from within his cell. If anyone was likely to be promoted to Capo it would be him. And if we can find him then we can maybe start to figure out more information about the Boss.”
“And who is this protégé?” Jotaro asks.
“Bucciarati. His name is Bruno Bucciarati”
Lunchtime at Libeccio's
Small, cosy and owned by the same family for over a century Libeccio serves food prepared with only the freshest ingredients. Famously locally but largely unheard of by tourists it has a spacious open restaurant floor for people to eat in but also has a more secluded eating area for its more ‘private’ customers. And it is here where Passione’s newest Capo Bruno Bucciarati and his gang of misfits are waiting for their lunch to be prepared.
“Bucciarati. Now we’re back in Naples I’ve been meaning to ask you. How did the drop off with Trish go?” Fugo asks. Bruno’s eyes flicker across to Giorno, who is watching intently.
“It was unusual. I took the elevator as per the Boss’ instructions but when I got to the top, I noticed Trish had disappeared. I was worried she’d been snatched by an enemy but when I came out of the elevator, I saw a note from the Boss. It thanked me for delivering his daughter to him and explained that he’d taken Trish from the elevator himself as a precaution.”
“He took her from the elevator? That’s an odd way to do it,” Mista says.
“I’m guessing he wanted to make extra sure she was safe. She is his only child so he’s probably very protective of her.”
“So, you didn’t actually meet the Boss?” Giorno asks.
“No. You know how the Boss likes his privacy.”
“Why though? What does he have to hide?”
“I wouldn’t ask questions like that.” Abbacchio says bluntly. “Remember what happened to those two from the Assassination Squad? They started getting curious and look where they ended up.”
“He’s right Giorno. It’s best if you keep those sort of questions to yourself.” Giorno opens his mouth as if to continue and Bruno looks at him, silently willing him to drop the topic. Before he can speak Bruno’s laptop beeps indicating that he’s received a new message.
“Who’s it from Bucciarati?” Mista asks as he checks the email.
“The Boss.” The mood around the table shifts instantly and they all crowd round the screen to get a glimpse of the message which reads;
After your great success in delivering my daughter to me I have another very important mission for you. I have learnt of a threat to Passione from the Speedwagon Foundation. I do not know many details at this time but I do know they have dispatched a group of Stand users to investigate our activities here in Naples. I have enclosed a picture of them.
Your mission is to eliminate them at any cost.
Succeed and you will be rewarded greatly.
Bruno clicks the attachment and picture opens in a new window, depicting five men posing for a camera in what appears to be a desert. One of them is holding a Boston terrier in his arms. He sits back in his chair and the rest of the gang watch him intently, waiting to hear what he has to say. After what seems like an age he speaks. “Right then here’s the plan. Since we don’t know if these Stands users have even arrived in Naples yet the first thing, we need to do is check the airport and the docks to see if there have been any unusual arrivals. Giorno, you know the airport pretty well so I want you to check there, ask the taxi drivers if they’ve had any unusual passengers. Fugo I want you and Narancia to go and check out the docks see if anybody came in that way.”
“Do I have to take Narancia? I always get stuck with him.” Fugo complains.
“Yeah well maybe I don’t want to always get stuck with you either,” Narancia retorts. “You’re always treating me like I’m some sort of idiot.”
“That’s because you are an idiot, idiot.”
“Shut the hell up the pair of you,” Abbacchio snaps suddenly, quietening the pair down.
“Thank you Abbacchio,” Bruno says before continuing. “Of course, chances are if they have already arrived then they’ll be looking into our activities in the area. What’ll grab their attention first is the drug trade.” His lips curl in distaste at the thought of drug distribution is happening in his city. “I know of an industrial unit that Passione uses for smuggling. Mista, can you check around that area to see if anyone has seen anything suspicious.”
“Of course, Bucciarati, no problem.”
“The other thing they’ll be trying to find out is who the Capo of Naples is. That was Polpo but obviously with him dead they’ll almost certainly come looking for any associates and that will lead them here looking for me. Abbacchio, we’re going to check with the locals to see if there has been anybody asking about me. Any questions?”
“What if we do encounter one of the men?” Giorno asks.
“Take them out if you can but remember these are unknown Stand users and we don’t know what their Stands can do. Be cautious and don’t be afraid to call for back-up if you can’t handle it. Any other questions?” Everybody shakes their head apart from Mista who raises his hand sheepishly.
“What about our lunch though? I know this mission is very important but if I don’t feed these guys soon, they’re going to start complaining.” He opens up the chamber of his revolvers and twelve pairs of eyes look up hungrily at him. Bruno sighs.
“They’ll just have to suck it up and deal with it. This takes priority over everything else.” The pistols grumble at the answer which Bruno ignores. “If there aren’t any more serious questions then we’d better get moving, we can’t afford to waste anymore time if we want to stop these guys.” The gang leaves the restaurant and split off to attend to their tasks, leaving the delicious aromas of Libeccio’s behind them.
A Fiery Haze Descends
“And there has been no peculiar arrivals today?” Fugo asks the harbormaster. The man shakes his head. “Just the usual tourists and traders. It’s been quiet today. Were you expecting somebody in particular?”
“No, no. Thank you for your time sir.” Fugo turns to leave.
“Hold on. You work for Bucciarati right?”
“Yes, I do.”
“Could you put in a word to him for me about my debts to Passione. I’ve always paid on time but it’s been getting harder and harder with less people using naval shipping. I was hoping for a reduction maybe, since I have helped you with your enquires.”
“I’ll make sure to mention it to him.” Fugo walks over to Narancia who is sat looking down at the sea, legs dangling above the water. “Narancia. Didn’t I tell you to keep watch while I talked to the harbormaster?”
“I was Fugo, I swear. But I haven’t eaten yet today and the fishes look so delicious I got distracted.”
“How can you think of your stomach at a time like this when we’re supp-”
“Maybe we could grab something to eat. It doesn’t look like anybody has come through the docks.”.
Fugo feels the anger rising up inside of him. “Are you even listening to me you stup-”
“There’s a nice little pizzeria around here. What I wouldn’t give for a nice mushroom pizza right now,” Narancia says absentmindedly. He is suddenly yanked upwards as Fugo grabs him around the collar.
“LISTEN TO ME YOU LITTLE SHIT! WE’RE ON A MISSION FROM THE BOSS AND ALL YOU CAN THINK ABOUT IS PIZZA!” Fugo draws his arm back to punch Narancia but freezes suddenly. He instead drags Narancia behind one of the docked yachts.
“Hey, hey, hey what are you doing,” Narancia says confused.
“Look! Over there by the boat hire place.” Narancia looks over and sees a man in a red robe with a blue scarf, bangles and medallions hanging off him walking through the door.
“What. All I see is someone going to rent a boat.”
“Were you not paying attention earlier? That’s one of the men from the picture. He’s one of the Stand users we’re supposed to be eliminating.” Narancia looks puzzled as if in deep thought before something clicks in his brain and he perks up.
“Oh yeah. You’re right I remember now. Let’s go take care of him then.” Narancia steps out from behind the yacht only to be dragged back behind it by Fugo.
“We can’t just waltz over there and attack him you idiot. We don’t know what his Stand is.”
“Well how the hell are we going to do that?”
“Don’t worry Narancia I have a plan.”
Avdol exits the boat hire shop frustrated once again. This is the twelfth business he’s checked today and it’s the same story every time. The owners are all friendly and helpful to start with but as soon as the topic of the Mafia comes up, they all clam up. He can’t tell if they’re involved in the gang’s activities or are just scared of retribution if they speak out but whatever their reasons, he’s no closer to finding out any concrete information about Passione. He looks around for Iggy but unsurprisingly it looks as if he’s wandered off somewhere. “That dog always has to be awkward” he mummers.
He hears a whirring sound and looks up into the sky to see a small toy airplane flying above. It suddenly darts down, heading right for him and he has to throw himself to the ground to avoid being struck by it. He looks around angrily for whoever is controlling the plane but he can’t see anyone with a controller in sight. A couple of passers-by look at him strangely and he gets to his feet embarrassed. The plane swoops down low again and Avdol ducks out of the way as it flies over him and flies right past the head of the person walking behind him. However, they don’t react to the plane at all, almost as if they can’t even see it.
Avdol gets a bad feeling in his gut and he looks around at the other people around the dock. None of them seem to acknowledge the plane’s existence, despite the noise it is making. “Could this toy plane be an enemy Stand” he thinks to himself. Deciding to test his theory he fires a small ball of fire at the plane. As soon as the flame gets within a few metres of the plane it abruptly swerves out of the way. His suspicions confirmed Avdol watches the plane as it circles above for several more seconds, before abruptly diving down at Avdol’s position. Now prepared he summons Magician’s Red but is caught off guard as the plane suddenly starts firing bullets at him. A couple of them strike Magician’s Red in the arm, causing the same wounds to appear on Avdol’s arms. He is quick to recover though and melts through the remaining bullets with a burst of flames.
“Crossfire Hurricane!” he cries out and fires a flaming ankh from his Stand’s mouth but the plane is too nimble and swerves away from it. It fires another barrage at Avdol but this is again easily dealt with by the flames of Magician’s Red. He uses Crossfire Hurricane once more which the plane barrel rolls away from but this time, he splits the attack in two and the second ankh catches the planes wing, setting it alight. Suddenly Narancia hops out from behind one of the yachts, screaming in with one of his arm on fire and jumps into the sea in an attempt to douse the flames. Fugo rushes out from the same spot to help his friend but stops dead in his tracks as he sees Avdol approach. “Don’t come any closer to me or you’ll regret it,” Fugo says coldly.
“Why did your friend attack me?” Avdol asks.
“You’ve been snooping around, sticking your nose in places you shouldn’t. The Boss doesn’t like that.”
“You’re part of Passione?!” Avdol says surprised. “Does that mean that you’re a Stand user as well?”
“Yes I am.”
“In which case I’m going to have to defeat you as well.” Magician’s Red appears beside him and Fugo calls upon his own Stand. Purple Haze appears snarling in front of Fugo and lunges for the fortune teller only for his stand to intercept the attack. A series of wild punches follow all of which Magician’s Red easily dodges, until one of the punches grazes a nearby pole and shatters one of the bulbs on it’s knuckles. The virus seeps out and Avdol, sensing the danger in the purple mist that is starting to surround Purple Haze, backs away as the virus swirls around. A bird which just so happened to by flying past at the time is not so lucky and the virus devours it, leaving behind a rotting corpse as Avdol looks on in shock. “What on happened to that bird?”
“My Stand, Purple Haze, creates a virus which devours all within it’s vicinity within thirty seconds,” Fugo explains. “I warned you not to get close to me.”
“That is a despicable power,” Avdol says, his voice dripping with disgust. “Only someone truly evil would develop a Stand like that. I was just going to leave you unconscious but I cannot allow such evil to exist in the world.” Using Magician’s Red, he conjures up a swirling mass of flames and nudges it gently towards the infected area. As the flames connect with the virus the sheer heat destroys it, slowly disinfecting the area until the virus is eliminated completely. Satisfied the danger from the virus has gone he throws the flaming mass at Fugo, who just about manages to throw himself to the ground to avoid it. Avdol catches the sounds of whirring behind him once more and turns to face Aerosmith which has re-joined the battle. Narancia stands a few metres away, his right arm badly burnt but no doused of the flames.
The plane opens fire and a wall of flames melts them down harmlessly. Fugo takes advantage of the distraction to attack with Purple Haze again but this time Avdol is prepared and as the punch comes in Magician’s Red grabs the arm by the wrist, holding it in place so that the blubs cannot break. It then delivers two powerful kicks to the Stand’s side and Fugo feels his ribs shatter, followed by the searing pain of his wrist being broken. He cries out in agony but Avdol isn’t finished with him yet and follows up with a Crossfire Hurricane which smashes into Fugo directly, setting his jacket on fire. He desperately slips the jacket off and rolls away but the flames have already burnt him badly and he slumps over.
Seeing his friend and tutor so badly injured spurs Narancia on and he yells in anger as Aerosmith goes all out, ducking and weaving about while firing it’s bullets. Focusing his attention on the plane Stand, Magician’s Red is easily able to melt down the bullets and even Aerosmith’s bomb is harmlessly burned to a cinder. A snaking trails of flames burst forward and wraps around Narancia’s arms, legs and neck, pinning him to a nearby wall. “I’m going to give you a chance here,” Avdol says. “Tell me what you know about the Don of Passione and I’ll leave you relatively unharmed.”
“I’ll never tell you anything you bastard!” Narancia shouts as he struggles against the fiery binds. “Not after what you’ve done to my friend!”
“Your friend is a threat to everyone with a Stand ability that dangerous. I did what I had to.” He feels a faint tugging on his robe and looks down to see Fugo grasping at him. This is followed by a strong punch to the side of his face. Knocked to the ground, Avdol rubs his cheek and looks up to see Purple Haze stood above him. He notices that two more bulbs have been broken and he realises in horror what this means. “Magician’s Red!” he shouts and he tries to create flames to destroy the virus but it is too late and he screams as it consumes him. With the flaming binds now dissipating Narancia takes a moment to catch him breath before going to help Fugo.
“NARANCIA, STOP” Fugo cries out and Narancia stops in his tracks. “You need to go and find the others.”
“I’m not leaving you.”
“You have to.”
“But…” The realisation suddenly dawns on Narancia. “Wait Fugo, you’re, you’re…”
“Yes, I know. Even I’m not immune to Purple Haze,” Fugo says and holds his arm up, the flesh falling off in chunks. “If you come any closer it’ll devour you too.”
“Why, why did you do this?”.
“He was too strong. This is the only way to stop him.”
“But. But.?” Narancia splutters, tears in his eyes.
Fugo can feel the virus slowly moving up the rest of his body but keeps his voice calm when he speaks. “Listen to me Narancia. If the rest of these Stand users are as powerful as this the others are going to need your help. I need you to be strong.”
“But what if I’m not strong?”
Fugo smiles despite his pain. “You are strong enough Narancia. You underestimate yourself. I believe in you.” With those final words the virus fully consumes him. Narancia collapses to his knees wailing, with tears streaming down his face. After a few seconds of mourning, he wipes the tears from his eyes, the sadness replaced with a furious determination.
“I’ll make you proud Fugo,” he whispers and, clutching his injured arm, goes off to find his friends, leaving the bodies of Avdol and Fugo rotting in sun.
Anarchy in the Repubblica Italia
“Hey Mista! When are we going to get some food!?” Mista looks down.
“This has already been explained to you Number One, we’ll eat after we finish this mission.”
“But I’m hungry now,” Number One protests.
“Yeah me too,” Number Two whines.
“I’m so hungry I could punch something,” says Number Three. Right after he says this, he smacks Number Five in the face, who starts crying.
“Hey Number Three! What have I told you about bullying Number Five?” Two of the pistols darts in from behind him, carrying a bag of crisps in their hand.”
“Hey look what we found,” they say excitedly, getting a cheer from the other pistols, except for Number Five who is still crying.
“Number Six, Number Seven. Where did you get that from?” Mista asks.
“They were in the display for that corner shop we passed about a minute ago,” Number Six replies.
“You can’t just steal from people like that,” Mista says sternly but the Pistols ignore him, having already opened the bag and started stuffing their faces. He sighs and looks around for the warehouse, which should be somewhere nearby. He spots it, sitting discreetly on the corner, looking just like all the dozens of other warehouses on this street. As he approaches however, he can hear the sound of banging and crashing come from within. He cautiously enters through the front gate into the courtyard which is unusually empty. Creeping up to the large open shutter door, he presses himself up against the wall and draws his revolver. He peers around the corner into the warehouse where the source of all the noise is coming from. There are crates all over the place, some opened some not and there is a lot of packing machinery, exactly what you’d expect from a warehouse. What you wouldn’t expect however is to find is the workers lying prone all over the floor.
Mista barely gives any notice to any of that however, his attention is fixed on the two men making all the commotion. One of them, who is tall, heavily muscled and dressed all in black is making most of the noise as he threatens the workers, barking questions at them and throwing them about if they do not answer to his liking. The other, much shorter and slimmer and dressed in green, is considerably calmer and merely watches as his associate does his business. Mista feels no sympathy for the workers, they help to enable the plague of drugs to infect the city. And besides they’ll act as a good distraction. He waits till neither are looking his way before sneaking into the warehouse, using the crates as cover to keep himself hidden.
As he gets closer, he can start to make out some of the words being spoken. “I’m not going to keep asking you,” the tall man says. “Tell me who’s in charge of this warehouse.”
“I don’t know, we’re just paid to package up the drugs for supply,” one of the workers replies terrified. As Mista creeps forward some more he feels his foot brush against something and looks down to see a small green rope. The man in green’s head snaps around suddenly.
“Jotaro. Something just tripped Hierophant’s perimeter.” Mista freezes and when he looks down at the rope again, he can see that it is moving. He looks back at the two men.
“Where Kakyoin?” Jotaro asks.
“Over by those crates,” Kakyoin replies, pointing right at the area Mista is hidden behind. “Is there somebody over there?” Jotaro asks. Mista stays silent.
“I’ll investigate.” Kakyoin starts to walk over to Mista’s position. Knowing his cover is about to be blown he realises he has no choice but to engage.
He stands up from behind the crate, firing his revolver as he does. He fires three rounds at Kakyoin. Hierophant Green appears next to him and with a cry of “ERMALDO SPLASHU” does its signature attack. This manages to destroy two of the bullets outright but Number One manages to deflect it’s bullet away, over to Number Two who kicks it right back at Kakyoin’s exposed head. However, this one is also blocked, this time by Star Platinum who snatches the bullet out of mid-air and drops it harmlessly to the floor. Backing away, Mista fires off the remaining three bullets he has loaded. This time the crusaders are more prepared and Star Platinum rushes forward, throwing a barrage of punches. However, the Pistols have also learnt from their previous failure and before the punches can connect, they kick the bullets away.
Number One, Two and Three, who had stayed out from the previous attack are ready in position and kick them back on course at the now vulnerable Jotaro. Hierophant Green fires off another Emerald Splash but once again the Pistols are there to deflect the bullets away from being destroyed and back on course. All three slam into Jotaro but he has managed to call back Star Platinum just in time and catches them before they can connect with his body. Mista opens up his revolver and flicks his head down, dropping out the bullets he keeps in his hat. Two of them drop onto the floor but the rest slot into the chamber and Mista looks down in horror.
“Damnit why four” he says. Deciding that fate clearly isn’t on his side for this battle he turns and flees but as he reaches the exit Hierophant Green rises before him to block it.
“EMERALDO SPLASHU.” He throws himself to the side as the emeralds explode out at him. A couple graze him but none connect solidly. He looks around for an exit and sees an office up a flight of metal stairs. Hoping there is another exit from within the office he dashes up he steps and bursts through the door but his hopes are quickly dashed. Realising he’s just trapped himself Mista curses under his breath and closes the door behind him. He drags a heavy filing cabinet across the room to barricade the door. Loading another two bullets into the chamber he calls back Sex Pistols.
“Sex Pistols. I need you to distract those Stand users for me while I make a call.” He fires all his shots through the window with the Pistols riding on a bullet. Picking up the office phone on the desk he punches in the number for Giorno’s mobile.
“Hey Giorno. It’s me Mista.”
“Ah. I’ve not had much luck at the airport, none of the taxi drivers have seen any of the Stand users we’re looking for.”
“Forget about that. I’ve found two of them. Bruno was right they were investigating the drug warehouse. I’m currently trapped in the office and I need some back up. Do you know where the warehouse is?”
“Yes. I remember Bruno giving you the location. Just hang in there Mista I’ll be there as fast as I can.”
“Please hurry.” As he hangs up the phone, Number Five flies through the window carrying Number Three.
“Mista! We’ve got a problem. Number Three was hit by that emerald attack thingy. He’s in a bad way.” Mista takes the injured Number Three gently in his hands. “Is he going to die?” Number Five says tears appearing in its eyes.
“Don’t worry Number Five, he’ll be alright. How are the others doing?”
“Not so good either Mista. The tall guy’s Stand is too fast and keeps intercepting the bullets and the little guy keeps spamming his emerald attack so we can’t get close.”
“It’s okay Number Five. Giorno is on his way so we just need to hold on until he gets here.” Just as he says this the door to the office ruptures off the hinges, the filing cabinet smashing into the far wall. Jotaro steps through the doorway, Star Platinum beside him. “Shit!” Mista exclaims and looks around for a way out. See the only exit is the window he jumps through, landing hard on the factory floor. Groaning he gets gingerly to his feet and limps off to find a hiding place until Giorno arrives.
I’m just a Gangster (In a Rock and Roll Gang)
Bruno waves down an old lady as she walks out the bakery. “Mrs Menini. Could I spare a moment of your time please?”
“Of course, Bucciarati.”
“Have you seen any of the men in this picture?” Bruno asks, showing her the picture the boss sent them in his email. “Ah yes. The old man in the centre. He came over and asked me about you. He spoke very good Italian for a tourist. I told him you eat at Libeccio’s often so to try looking for you there.” Bruno looks over at Abbacchio.
“When was this?”
“About five minutes ago.”
“Over there,” Mrs Menini points to the street corner.
“Thank you very much for your help.”
“Your welcome Bucciarati.” Bruno and Abbacchio walk over to the spot she indicated.
“Can you use Moody Blues to rewind to five minutes ago.” Bruno commands.
“No problem Bucciarati.” Abbacchio summons his Stand and sets the timer for five minutes. Moody Blues transforms into the man from the picture and the timer on it’s head starts to count down.
“I see. Thank you for answering my questions,” the man says. A few seconds of silence follow.
“Did the old lady know anything?” A voice asks.
“Apparently this Bruno Bucciarati eats at a place called Libeccio’s. So that sounds like as good a place as any to look.” Moody Blues starts walking off so Bruno and Abbacchio follow it.
“So, he obviously isn’t alone,” Bruno says.
“No. Unfortunately Moody Blues can only replay one person at a time. So, we don’t know which of the other men from the picture he is with.” They follow Moody Blues for a couple of minutes.
“Look! That’s them over there,” Bruno says pointing. The old man from the picture, in the distance, is walking alongside another man from the picture, man with the silver hair. “I want you to stay back Abbaccio as your Stand is not suited for combat. Keep following them though, in case I need your help.” He opens a zip in the ground and steps into the void, leaving Abbacchio to follow the two men alone.
“Every time I close my eyes, I wake up feeling so horny.”
Joseph looks over distastefully at the two teenagers blaring their stereo as they walk down the street. “Kids these days,” he grumbles. “Why don’t they listen to proper music like the Beatles?
“It’s just because you’re old Mr Joestar. I bet you liked some crap when you were younger,” Polnareff says.
“Maybe but at least I didn’t play it loudly so that everybody else had to hear it as well.” Polnareff goes to retort but as he looks over at Joseph, he sees a man appearing out of the wall.
“Look out Mr Joestar!” Joseph turns just as Bruno lashes a kick into his chest, making him stumble back. “SILVER CHARIOT!” His Stands leaps forth ready to fight and Bruno summons Sticky Fingers. Silver Chariot stabs rapidly at the Stand which ducks and weaves out of the way and Bruno drops into a roll and drives his foot into Polnareff’s face. The impact of the blow sends him flying into a nearby dumpster and when he emerges, he finds his assailant had disappeared. Looking around cautiously, he rushes over to Joseph who is hunched over in a darkened alleyway. “Are you okay Mr Joestar,” he asks. He feels somebody grab him around the throat and drag him backwards. He calls on Silver Chariot to protect him but Joseph leaps up and grabs it’s arms, twisting them behind it’s back.
“I can’t believe you actually fell for that.” Abbacchio says from behind him. Polnareff notices for the first time that Joseph has a timer stamped across his forehead. “My Moody Blues isn’t the strongest but it looks as if your Stand isn’t all that strong either.” Polnareff claws desperately at Abbacchio’s arms but the grip is too tight and his vision starts to go black. Suddenly the grip loosens and Polnareff drops to his knee, panting heavily to regain his breath. He and shouts in shock as he sees the decapitated head of Abbacchio resting against his leg and looks around to see his headless body lying on the ground.
“What the hell just happened,” Polnareff says bewildered. His question is answered as a Boston terrier appears from behind a trash can. “Iggy! Was it you who saved my life?” Iggy looks at him blankly and picks up a piece of mouldy meat from the floor next to a trashcan Abbacchio was standing by. “Di-Did you kill that man just for some smelly out of date meat” Polnareff says. “And anyway, weren’t you supposed to be with Avdol?” Iggy merely shrugs as he tucks into his prize. Polnareff wants to be mad with the selfish little mutt but considering he did just save his life he lets it slide. He looks back at the Stand he originally thought was Joseph, watching it turn into golden dust and float up into the sky.
“If that was a Stand then where did Mr Joestar go….”
The Man with the Golden Gun
Mista stands wedged in behind some pipes hiding from his pursuers. So tight is the space that every movement jams another piece of pipe into him. He looks over enviously at another space, tucked away between two large shipping crates which looks a damn sight more comfortable than where he’s hiding. “It’s too risky to move now” he thinks. Number One appears beside him.
“Mista, The guy in green is using his Stand to try and find you. He’s coming this way now so be ready.”
“Thanks for the warning Number One. You’d better stay here just in case I need you.”
“Sure thing,” Number One replies and perches on Mista’s shoulder. A short while later a group of thin green tentacles slither out and start poking around. One of the tentacles slides over the pipes that Mista is hiding behind. “Look Mista” Number One whispers and points up, to where another tentacle is dropping down from the ceiling. He holds his breath as it dangles right next to his face and locks his body in place. After a few seconds the tentacle recedes. “They’re leaving” Number 1 whispers excitedly. Mista peers out from behind the pipes and watches as the tentacles slowly disappear from view. Relaxing he lets out a deep sigh of relief and Number One pumps his fist. “We did it Mista!” it exclaims happily.
“Go and check on the others. Make sure that as soon as Giorno arrives to let me know.”
“Sure, thing Mista.” Number One darts off leaving Mista alone once more. He feels something tickling his leg and reaches down to scratch it. His hand brushes against something cold and floppy and the blood drains from his face when he looks down to see a green tentacle wrapping around his leg. He tries to shake free but another one slides down from above and latches onto his arm. They yank at him suddenly, dragging him out. He tries grabbing hold of the pipes but more and more tentacles wrap around him until he can no longer match their strength and he is dragged out and into the open area. Kakyoin and Jotaro are both stood waiting for him and Hierophant Green lifts him up into the air, upside down, wrapping more and more around him until he is completely immobilised.
“Good job Kakyoin,” Jotaro says.
“I knew my Hierophant Green would be able to find him. Not exactly befitting of a gangster to be cowering away surely?” Kakyoin says. “But anyway, now we have managed to find you I we have a few questions for you. Who is the Boss?”
“No comment,” Mista says sarcastically. Hierophant Green squeezes and Mista feels his body being crushed and the breath being forced out of his body. The coils loosen slightly, enough to allow him to breath again.
“This will only get more painful for you if you don’t answer us,” Jotaro says.
“I don’t know who the Boss is.”
“Maybe your superior knows. Who is he?”
“Like hell I’m telling you.” The coils squeeze again this time for longer to the point that Mista almost passes out before they loosen again.
“I don’t like people who try to be the tough guy,” Jotaro says. “Answer the questions properly or my friend here will crush the life out of you.” It is at that moment that the sound of screeching tires pierces the air and all three of them look in the direction of the noise. A car smashes through the shutter doors and brakes sharply, causing the car to flip over through the air. Giorno flings himself out of the car door as it hurtles through the air. Kakyoin is forced to release his grip on Mista to duck out of the way and Jotaro summons Star Platinum to grab the car in mid-air, tossing it harmlessly to the side. Giorno rushes over to Mista.
“Are you injured?” he asks.
“Other than a few bruises not really,” Mista says gasping for breath. “That’s quite an entrance you made,” Kakyoin says dusting himself off as he gets to his feet.
“My friend was in danger. There was no time for caution,” Giorno responds.
“So, you must be part of Passione as well then. Perhaps you can be more helpful than your friend here.”
“We’ve been told to eliminate anybody who snoops into our activities. The only help I can give you is to suggest you leave Italy now.”
“Is that right is it?” Kakyoin says raising his eyebrow. “Well we’re not going anywhere until we find out who’s in charge of Passione and stop him.”
“Then you know what I must do. GOLDEN EXPERIENCE,” Giorno cries and his Stand springs forth, punching a small piece of metal lying on the ground nearby. It transforms into a winding jungle vine which weaves through the air and slams into Kakyoin, carrying him backwards into the wall behind. Jotaro attempts to aid him by using Star Platinum to punch the vine but as it connects, he is driven back by what feels like a punch to the gut. “Anything my Golden Experience creates reflects damage done to it back onto the person who harmed it,” Giorno explains. Jotaro shoot him a glare but he quickly recovers from the blow and sends Star Platinum to attack Giorno himself instead. Golden Experience moves to intercept and the two Stands trade blows, testing each other’s strength. Speed wise they seem to fairly close as they duck and weave around but while Golden Experience’s blows are absorbed fairly easily by Star Platinum, a punch to stomach leaves Giorno hunched over in pain.
Mista, having loaded his revolver up, fires several shots at Jotaro to cover Giorno. Star Platinum deflects them away before Sex Pistols can redirect the trajectory but this gives Giorno the opportunity he needs. With a cry of “MUDA” drives a punch into Jotaro’s stomach, imbuing him with life force and sending his consciousness berserk. Mista levels the revolver at Jotaro while his body is paralysed but before he can shoot, he is struck by a barrage of emeralds. Kakyoin, who has managed to wriggle free, has snuck Hierophant Green round behind the pair. Snatching up the gun from the floor Giorno shoots at Kakyoin, who calls back his Stand to intercept. However, as it goes to grab the bullet it transforms into a scorpion, twisting out of the way of the tentacles and landing right on Kakyoin’s face. It digs in its pinchers and stabs Kakyoin in the eye with its stinger and he yells out, brushing it off of him and covering his face with his hands.
As the scorpion falls it turns back into a bullet and Number Five, who had been waiting nearby, swoops in and kicks the bullet right into the back of Kakyoin’s head, splattering his brains over the factory floor. Jotaro, having recovered from the life shot, takes one look at the lifeless body of his friend and looks at Giorno with murder in his eyes. Star Platinum picks up a nearby forklift truck and hurls it at Giorno who rolls out of the way, the truck smashing through the far wall. The car Giorno arrived in is the next to be thrown and it too just narrowly sails past him. More and more heavy objects are thrown at the teenager who manages to avoid them narrowly each time until there is nothing heavy left in the factory to throw.
“You need to work on your aim,” Giorno says out of breath.
“Who said I was aiming for you?” Jotaro retorts. Giorno looks at him confused and then looks around at all the carnage caused by what Star Platinum had thrown at him. He realises that most of the support structures for the factory have been destroyed or bent wildly out of shape and the factory itself starts to sway and buckle under the pressure as Jotaro uses Star Platinum to launch himself through the air to safety. Giorno rushes over to where Mista is lying prone and begins furiously punching the floor with Golden Experience. As pieces of the floor break off, he transforms them into a thick branches which cover the pair, shielding them from the falling debris as the factory collapses around them. Once he is sure the danger has passed the branches start to wilt and wither away, leaving the two in a perfectly clear circle surrounded by broken building.
Giorno looks around for Jotaro but he can’t seem to find him anywhere. Turning his attention to Mista he checks his pulse and to his relief he is still alive. Picking up small pieces of debris he uses Golden Experience to mould them into the body parts he needs to heal up Mista’s wounds.
Jotaro watches Giorno healing Mista from a nearby rooftop with Star Platinum’s super eyesight. He clenches his fist in anger at seeing the pair alive and every fibre of his body is telling him to go over and finish the job. However, the rational part of him knows that doing something reckless, against Stands he doesn’t fully understand, with no back-up, is not a wise move. He knows he has to find the Old Man, Polnareff and Avdol so they can figure out a plan. His thoughts wander to Kakyoin and anger flares up in him again as he realises, he’s going to have to leave his body here buried under the rubble. “I’ll come back for you my friend,” he says quietly before heading off to find Joseph and the others.
The Hermit’s Sticky Fingers
Joseph begins to realise that chasing after the fleeing enemy was probably not the best idea. Not only has he lost track of the person he was chasing but he’s also lost his bearings and has no idea where he is. Using Hermit Purple, he creates a map from the dust in the streets to give himself a picture of the general area which marks off where he and Polnareff were originally attacked. Memorising the route, he looks around for the first road he has to go down and is surprised to find the man he was pursuing leaning against a nearby wall. “I hear you’ve been asking about me,” he says.
“Ah. So, you must be the famous Bruno Bucciarati I’ve been hearing about. The people around here have nothing but good things to say about you. Not what I was expecting to hear about a mobster if I’m honest.”
“You’re here to find out about the Boss aren’t you.”
“Then you must be eliminated.” Bruno leans further into the wall, revealing the zipper he had already placed. Disappearing in the void he leaves Joseph standing alone. He tenses himself ready for an attack and sure enough Bruno bursts up through the ground, Sticky Fingers swinging a punch right at Joseph’s leg. The purple vines of Hermit Purple spring forth from Joseph’s right arm and intercepts the punch before it can connect and he drags the Stand out of the zip. Bruno follows through by sweeping his legs at Joseph’s legs, taking his legs out from under him and making him fall flat on his ass. Rolling across the ground as more punches are sent towards him, Joseph uses Hermit Purple to hoist himself up via a nearby drainpipe.
Swinging around it like Tarzan he builds up the momentum for a Hamon infused kick. Sticky Fingers leaps forth and intercepts the attack but this is exactly what Joseph was hoping for and a trail of vines slither around the Stand and latch onto Bruno’s neck, tightening to choke him. Thinking fast Bruno unzips his neck from his body, slipping out of the vines grasp. Grabbing his head under his arm he has Sticky Fingers grab hold of the vines and yank them down hard, slamming Joseph into the ground. Quickly reattaching his head, he throws another punch while his opponent is down which the American tries to shift away from. Sticky Fingers’ knuckle grazes his left arm just above the elbow but it is enough to create a zipper and Joseph’s arm plops onto the ground.
“HOREY SHIT” he shouts in shock at the sight of his detached arm. As Bruno advances on him he backpedals away desperately, tripping over his own feet and scrambling away on his back until he is backed up against a wall. “No please leave me alone,” he screams desperately, Hermit Purple thrashing about violently. Sticky Fingers batters away the vines easily and Bruno looms over him “I can give you anything,” Joseph pleads. “I’m rich I can give you as much money as you want, just please let me live.”
“No amount of money could buy my loyalty.”
“I’m just an old man, what harm can I do, I swear I won’t bother you anymore.”
“I told you no. You made your decision when you decided to look into Passione. At least try dying with some dignity.”
“Can't say I didn't offer you a way out…” Bruno feels a fist smash into the side of his face, following by a sharp tingling sensation which sends him hurtling through the air. Landing hard, he looks up in shock and sees that Hermit Purple has attached itself to Joseph’s detached arm and is crackling with yellow energy. “You know when I got my mechanical hand, I made sure that it was made from material that could conduct Hamon,” Joseph explains. “You were so busy stopping Hermit Purple from hitting you that you didn’t notice it latch onto my arm. Infusing it with Hamon was fairly simple after that.” Bruno tries to move but his body is seized up from all the Hamon coursing through it. Yelling in defiance he sends forth Sticky Fingers, detaching it’s arm with a zipper and throwing it at Joseph.
“I thought you might try something sneaky like that,” Joseph says and Hermit Purple retracts back, still holding his arm. Holding it in place he blocks the punch at the zipped off joint which creates another zipper. He quickly pulls the zip cord around, reattaching his arm. Using Hermit Purple to trap Sticky Fingers’ arm he rushes forward and with a cry of “HAMON OVERDRIVE” he delivers a powerful kick to Bruno’s head, sending the Italian slumped to the ground. Satisfied that the threat is dealt with, Joseph takes a moment to regain his breath after all the exertion of the fight.He checks the dust map Hermit Purple made earlier, which had miraculously stayed in tack despite the fight, to refresh his memory of the route. Hoisting Bruno’s unconscious body over his shoulder, he heads off to find Polnareff.
A Fool’s Errand
Iggy roots around in the garbage looking for food anybody has thrown out. “The only thing I’ve found today is that half rotten meat,” he thinks. “And all that trouble I had to go through just to get that.” Thinking back to the incident he wonders why he even bothered to save Polnareff in the first place. He doesn’t make a habit of saving morons but that Stand user he was fighting could’ve been a problem later down the line. Polnareff had suggested they stick together in case another Stand user attacks but Iggy could see not benefit in that. “No Stand users are going to bother me if they think I’m just a normal dog. And besides that, idiot always running into trouble I’m safer on my own.” Leaving the trash cans behind he decides instead to try and steal some food from a restaurant or something. “At least that’ll be fresh,” he thinks.
Just at that moment his noses picks up the scent of scorched meat. However, something is off about it, the scent is foul and is moving. Curious, Iggy follows his nose until he finds source. The smell is coming from a short, wiry teenager with messy black hair who is walking uneasily. Iggy notices that one of his arms has been badly burnt and that is what is causing the odour. “How’d he manage to do that,” Iggy ponders but curiosity satisfied he is about to leave when the hairs stand up on the back of his neck as a thought pops into his head. “Avdol could burn things with his Stand.” He looks back at the teenager. “Could this kid be a Stand user and had a run in with Avdol? If so where is Avdol now?” Iggy remembers the last time he saw Avdol was down near the docks, before he got bored and wandered off. Leaving the kid with the burnt arm behind, he retraces his steps back through the city, eventually finding himself near the boat hire shop.
A sudden smell of rotting flesh assaults his senses and it takes all of his effort not to throw up. Looking around for the source he is horrified to see two rotting corpses just sitting in the middle of the street. The red robes and bangles identify the first body as Avdol’s but he has no idea who the other body belongs to. “What sort of Stand could do this to a person,” Iggy thinks. Now certain that the kid he saw had encountered Avdol, Iggy ponders what his next move should be. “Whatever Stand that kid has it’s too dangerous to fight on my own. But why should I be fighting anyway. This has nothing to do with me, I didn’t want to come on this stupid mission.”
“I thought there was something strange,” comes a voice from behind him. Iggy spins around to find the kid with the burnt arm stood behind him. “I wondered why some random dog was staring at my arm,” Narancia continues. “Then I remembered. In the picture, the men we’re looking for, they had a dog with them as well. So, I decided to follow you and see where you went. And where do you lead me? Back to the docks, back to where my friend died. And so, I wonder? Are you a Stand user as well little doggy?” A whirring noises catches Iggy’s attention and he looks above to see a small toy plane flying above.
“So, you are a Stand user then. And you must know the man we fought, the one who caused my friend Fugo to sacrifice himself to save me. Which means I’M GOING TO BLOW YOU TO PIECES YOU LITTLE BASTARD,” Narancia says finally revealing his anger. Aerosmith divebombs suddenly and starts shooting. Iggy forms a protective barrier with the Fool and the bullets sink harmlessly into the sand. Reforming into its standard dog form it lunges at Narancia with teeth and claws bared. He backs up as the paws swipe at him. He brings Aerosmith back around and shoots at the Fool but the bullets simply punch through without doing significant damage. Changing tactics, he instead has Aerosmith swoop down and use its propellers as a weapon. This is more successful and as it slices through the Fool’s extending paw the sand that formed it falls in clumps to the ground, harmless.
He continues using the propellers to slice through the Fool’s form until eventually it dissipates into lifeless sand. Focusing back on Iggy another barrage of bullet is sent his way but again Iggy uses the Fool to shield himself. Aerosmith arc upwards, dropping it’s bomb so that it hits the Fool’s sand shield head on, blasting a hole in it which it can then fire bullets through. Many of the bullets ping into the ground but several of them score hits on Iggy. Yelping in pain, he explodes the Fool outwards, creating a massive blast of sand right at Narancia. “I have to out of here” Iggy thinks and flees.
Narancia wipes the sand out of his eyes to find his opponent has disappeared. “You’re not getting away that easily,” he says angrily and checks Aerosmith’s radar. He can see a small red dot moving rapidly away from him and chases after it. It leads him through the winding streets and he begins to recognise the surroundings as the streets where he grew up. As the dot moves into one alleyway in particular Narancia smiles, knowing that alleyway to be a dead end. As he rounds the corner the dot on the radar has stopped and looking around, Narancia can the dot is right where a dumpster is sitting. “Nice try but you can’t hide from Aerosmith” he thinks but before he can send it to shoot under the dumpster Iggy drops from above him suddenly. He starts ripping and tearing at his hair and face while Narancia flails about. Aerosmith hovers around him but he dare not fire as the Stand’s lack of accuracy means he’s just as likely to hit himself as Iggy.
After a brief struggle he manages to throw Iggy to the ground and immediately Aerosmith starts firing, blasting the Boston Terrier full of holes. However rather than spilling blood all over the ground sand instead drops out and Narancia watches as Iggy dissipates into sand. “What the hell” Narancia says confused and at that moment he realises that the dot never moved from it’s original position, the dog that attacked him was in fact an illusion made of sand. A shadow looms over him from behind and as he turns a powerful blows smashes through his collarbone. Crying out in pain another blow gashes open his stomach, spilling his guts over the floor. Collapsing to the ground the last thing he sees is the Fool’s normal form raising his paw in the air before smashing it down on his head.
Iggy crawls out from under the dumpster. Barely giving a second glance to the body of his opponent he checks himself to see what the damage is. Fortunately, it seems as if the damage from the bullets is minimal, only a few shallow wounds. “Hey Iggy,” someone says and when he looks up, he sees Jotaro stood at the entrance to the alleyway. “Ran into a Stand user, did you?” he says, a statement more than a question. He looks at the body of Narancia and back to Iggy who just looks at him blankly. “Where is Avdol, weren’t you supposed to be staying with him?” At the mention of Avdol, Iggy looks at the ground.
“What are you asking me for, I can’t speak. And even if I could you wouldn’t like the answer,” he thinks, rubbing his paw anxiously on the floor.
Jotaro looks at him for what seems like an eternity “I see,” he says quietly, almost like he’s read Iggy’s mind. “In which case we need to find the others. Can you find Polnareff and the Old Man?” Iggy thinks about it for a moment. “It’s not my job to act as a tracker for you. I didn’t even want to be here. But then again I don’t really want to run into another Stand user alone.” Making his decision he sniffs the air and catches the scent of Polnareff, who is nearby and by the strong smell of sweat is probably in some sort of trouble. Trotting off in the direction of the smell, Jotaro follows behind.
Stardust Caught in a Golden Wind
“I’m starting to think the others might have a point,” Polnareff thinks as another bullet whizzes past his head. “First me and Mr Joestar get ambushed, then I get attacked in an alleyway and now I run into two Stand users by myself.” Silver Chariot slices through the bullet as it ricochets back towards him and takes a swipe at Number One as it floats away out of range. A punch from Golden Experience bounces harmlessly off it’s armour and Polnareff responds with a series of lightning fast jabs but the Stand has already moved out of range. Mista fires his last bullet, this time with all six of the pistols riding on it. Silver Chariot swings it’s sword ready to slice the bullet in half but before it can the Pistols kick the bullet, splitting it into six pieces which all slide past the blade, hitting Polnareff in the chest. While not as a damaging as a regular bullet it is enough to stagger him and he feels something whip his legs out from underneath him.
A tree root has burst forth and he notices that Golden Experience had punched a hole through the ground. It wraps itself around his body like rope and before turning back into it’s original form, a water pipe, trapping him. Mista, who has now reloaded, levels the revolver at his head. “Now before we kill you, I have one question for you. Where are the others?”
“If you’re going to kill me anyway what’s the point? Not like I’d tell you anyway,” Polnareff says angrily. “Because you can either die quickly from a bullet to the head or die slowly and painfully from snake venom,” Giorno says holding up a viper in his hand. Polnareff looks nervously at the serpent but his panic is abruptly replaced by a smile.
“Okay then fine I’ll tell you. They’re right behind you.” Mista is suddenly thrown off his feet as a wave of sand crashes into him. It forms up into the Fool and snarls, lunging at Giorno who uses Golden Experience to defend himself from the vicious attack. Suddenly a powerful punch hits him in the side, sending him flying through the air. Jotaro goes after him, leaving Polnareff and Iggy to deal with Mista who has recovered from the surprise of the Fool’s attack. Swinging his revolver around he fires off the rest of his bullets, three at Iggy and three at Polnareff. Iggy blocks them easily with the Fool but Sex Pistols all crowd around him, carrying more bullets. He realises the ruse too late and all six of them kick their bullets into him.
“IGGY!” Polnareff screams in anguish, having sliced his way out of his restraints. He throws himself at Mista with reckless abandon, Silver Chariot’s sword swinging. Mista quickly flicks his head down and spare bullets drop out, four of which he manages to get into the revolver’s chamber. He fires quickly but, in his haste, all four miss the mark. The pistols are there ready to kick them back at Polnareff but Silver Chariot’s armour explodes off suddenly. It’s sword flashes around, much too fast for the Pistols to react too and slices through numbers one, two, three and five. Wounds open up over Mista’s body and he collapses to his knees.
Number Six looks on in horror but Number Seven manages to keep his composure and kicks one of the bullets right at Polnareff’s head. However Silver Chariot is much to fast now without it’s armour and the bullet deflects off it’s sword, pinging off into the distance. Turning his attention back to Mista, he rams the blade through his head, killing him instantly. With the enemy dead he rushes over to Iggy but he has already succumbed to his bullet wounds. “You were a shitty little mutt alright. But you were our shitty little mutt,” he says quietly, wiping the tears from his eyes before emotion threatens to overcome him.
Meanwhile Jotaro and Giorno face each other the next street over, taking a momentary breather from their fight. Jotaro analyses his opponent, his breathing is laboured and clutching his side, suggesting the punch he hit him with earlier has broken a rib or two. His Stand is stood in a defensive position right in front of him waiting for him to make the next move. Jotaro obliges, sending Star Platinum forth to deliver a punch which Golden Experience move’s it’s arms to block. This was merely a feint however and with a cry of “STAR FINGER” it’s middle and index finger shoot forward, catching Giorno under the jaw, the force being enough to rock his head back. As he stumbles away, he swings wildly with his Stand but his erratic blows are easily avoided.
Jotaro moves in to finish him off only for a hissing sound to catch his attention. He turns his head to see a snake which lunges for him and Star Platinum just about manages to grab it in time. He is about to crush the life out of it when he remembers how attacking the vine reflected the damage back onto him. Holding the snake at arm’s length while it thrashes about, he tries to figure out a way to kill the creature without harming himself. He doesn’t get very long however as Giorno uses the distraction to launch an attack of his own. “MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA” he cries as Golden Experience throws a barrage of punches. Thinking quickly Jotaro flings the snake at Giorno, hoping that he’ll attack it and get the damage reflected back onto him. However, before it can touch him it transforms back into it’s original form, a brick, which is broken into pieces by the barrage.
Using his Stand to defend himself Jotaro waits for Giorno to tire before springing into action. Star Platinum grabs both of Golden Experience’s hands mid punch and wrenches hard, hearing the bones snapping audibly. Giorno cries out in pain and Star Platinum follow up by slamming a punch into Golden Experience, right in the location of Giorno’s injured ribs. They splinter back into the body, causing even more damage and leaving Giorno coughing up blood. “Muda,” Jotaro says suddenly. “A long long time ago I fought a man, well if you could call him a man, who was fond of that phrase. Come to think of it, you look quite similar to him.” Despite the pain Giorno looks up at him curiously. “I never knew my father,” he says stiffly.
“Well you wouldn’t. Not if your father was that man. But for whatever reason it is that you’re fond of that phrase let me tell you something. The only thing that is truly Muda is standing against me.” With one final punch Star Platinum crushes Giorno’s skull, ending his dream of being a Gangstar once and for all. Jotaro feels a chill breeze and looks up to the sky. “That was for you my friend” he says. Polnareff rushes out from around the corner, visibly relaxing when he sees Jotaro is alright.
“The guy with the gun is dead. I came to find you to see if you needed any help.” He looks at Giorno’s body. “Looks like you didn’t.”
“Hey Jotaro! Polnareff!” They both look to see Joseph walking towards them, carrying someone over his shoulder.
“Mr Joestar!” Polnareff says. “Where the hell have you been?”
“Taking care of this Bruno Bucciarati fellow,” he replies. When he reaches them, he drops Bruno’s unconscious form on the ground. He too notices Giorno’s body. “Looks like you two have been busy.”
“You could say that.”
“Where are the others anyway?” Polnareff’s head dips to the floor and even Jotaro looks uncomfortable. “Iggy didn’t make it,” Polnareff says quietly.
“Kakyoin neither.” Jotaro adds.
“We’ve not seen him. But when I found Iggy, he was alone. Even though he’s only a dog I could tell something was wrong,” Jotaro says.
“I see,” Joseph says his voice quivering slightly. The three men stand in silence for a moment. “However, this is not time for grieving. We have to get Bruno Bucciarati back to the Speedwagon Foundation for questioning.” He looks down to find that Bruno has disappeared. “OH MY GOD” he screams. Jotaro and Polnareff both look down as well.
“What the hell. Where did he go?”
“His Stand power is create zippers,” Joseph explains. “He can use them to move about so he must’ve created one while we were distracted. Be vigilant, he’s not to be underestimated.” The three of them ready themselves for an attack but after several tense minutes no such attack happens.
“Could he have just run off?” Polnareff asks.
“Maybe. Although he didn’t strike me as somebody who gives up easily.” Joseph glances at Polnareff and sees Bruno rise up above him. “POLNAREFF, LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU,” he shouts in warning but before the Frenchman can react, Sticky Fingers punches him in the neck, unzipping his head from his body. Jotaro sends Star Platinum forth to defend his friend but Bruno pulls Polnareff’s body downwards, into another zipper which he had created on the ground which closes behind him. “OH NO,” Joseph screams. Jotaro carefully picks up Polnareff’s head from the ground, his eyes dull and glazed over. “Is he alive?” Joseph asks and Jotaro shakes his head slowly, confirming his worst fears. Something drops onto his hat, followed by something else, and something else after that. One of the objects drops onto the floor and he is shocked to see it is Polnareff’s severed hand. Looking up for the source his face curls up in disgust, horror and fear as parts of Polnareff’s body come spilling out of a zipper on the roof above them.
“This guy is one sick bastard,” Jotaro says. He glances movement out of the corner of his eye and Star Platinum rushes to intercept blocking a punch from Sticky Fingers. A zipper opens up on Star Platinum’s arm and it plops onto the floor, Jotaro’s own arm doing the same. “ARI ARI ARI ARI” Bruno shouts as his Stand punches Star Platinum multiple times, opening up zippers all over his body. Jotaro’s legs disconnect and he falls down flat on his face, a zipper splitting it open between the eyes. Bruno turns his attention to Joseph who sends forth several vines to ensnare him. They wrap around Sticky Finger’s body, squeezing tight but this is exactly what Bruno was expecting. Wrapping Sticky Fingers’ around the vines he drags Joseph towards him, driving a kick into his face when he gets within range.
As the vines loosen, he is able to move once again and he punches Joseph in the face, again and again and again, each punch stronger than the last. He picks him up and flings him through the air, sending him careening into a nearby wall. Joseph groans in pain and Bruno grabs him by the hair and lifts him up to face him. “You will not have a quick death old man. Not after what you did to my team. TO MY FRIENDS” he says his anger showing clearly.
“What about what you and your mobster friends did to my friends?”
“We were under orders; you should’ve known better than to mess with the Boss. Now you’re going to end up dead, like the rest of your sorry little group.”
“Sorry?” Joseph says. “Did you just say I’d be dead like the rest of my group. Either my hearing is getting even worse or you just made a big mistake.” He feels a sudden sharp pain running through his body as Sticky Fingers stamps on Hermit Purple’s vines.
“You’re not going to fool me again with your tricks,” Bruno says. “Although I was expecting something other than exactly what you did last time.”
“Well my mind isn’t as sharp as it used to be,” Joseph admits. “But when I said you’d made a big mistake I was talking about underestimating me.”
“Oh really. Well then what were you talking about?”
“You said the rest of my group was dead. Well I think you’ll find my grandson has something to say about that.” Bruno looks at him confused and then it dawns on him. He turns to look at Jotaro just as his arm slams into his face at high speed, shattering his jaw from the impact. Jotaro lays propped up on his elbow, having used Star Platinum to throw his detached arm. “Nice throw Jotaro!” Joseph shouts.
“Yeah, yeah. Are you going to get me fixed up now or what?”
“Oh yes sorry.” He uses Hermit Purple to ensnare Sticky Fingers’ arms, dragging it over to where Jotaro is lying. Controlling it like a marionette, he brushes it’s fists against Jotaro’s detached legs and arm, creating a zipper which Jotaro uses to reattach them back to his body. He then zips up the zippers bisecting his face and torso. Now that Jotaro is patched up again the pair turn their attention to their enemy, who is writing in agony. “I think you should deal with our friend over there,” Joseph says.
“I will old man.” Jotaro walks over to Bruno who tries to escape into another zipper. “ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA” Star Platinum shouts as it hits Bruno with a barrage of punches. With one final “ORA” it launches him in the air and his broken body falls to the ground. The zippers on his body turn to dust and Jotaro breathes a sigh of relief.
“Did you like my little distraction Jotaro?” Joseph says as he approaches.
“That was a distraction? I thought you were really just going senile?”
“Oi. That’s no way to speak to your grandfather is it Jotaro?” A silence descends on the pair.
“What are we going to do with the others?” Jotaro asks.
“We’ll give them a proper burial, don’t you worry,” Joseph says clapping his hand on his shoulder. “Once we get back to the hotel, I’ll get the Speedwagon foundation to come and collect their bodies. As well as our little friend here,” he continues pointing at Bruno.
“Was this really worth it old man? Was it worth losing all our friends just to catch a mob boss?”
“I don’t know Jotaro,” Joseph says sadly. “What I do know is that now we definitely have to stop him. Not just for Italy but to avenge Avdol, Kakyoin, Iggy and Polnareff.” Jotaro nods his head in approval. The two Joestar men walk off, united in their grief, as a golden sun beats down upon them.
The Phone Call
“Oh, kid sorry I didn’t see you there,” says the man as he bumps into teenager, knocking his bag over and spilling it’s contents on the floor.
“No, no, no it’s okay I wasn’t looking where I was going,” The teenager starts to pick up the objects and the man bends over to help him. “It’s okay I can do it myself,” the teenager continues.
“You sure, I don’t mi-”
“DOOOORURURURURURURURUR” The man looks at the teenager who has got a spaced out look on his face.
“Sorry did you just say some-”
“Hey mister can you hear a phone going off somewhere?” the teenager asks.
“What the hell are you talking abo-”
“DOOOORURURURURURURURUR. Where is that damn phone?” the teenager continues frantically scanning the floor. “DOOOORURURURURURURURUR. Ah there it is.” He picks up his wallet from the floor and holds it up to his ear. “Hello?” The man slowly backs away from the strange kid with the pink hair and purple sweater.
“Doppio, it’s me,” comes the voice from the other end.
“Ah Boss. What are you calling about?”
“Bruno Bucciarati has failed me Doppio.”
“What,” Doppio says shocked. “How could Bucciarati fail us, he’s one of our most reliable Capos?”
“The enemies he had to face were too strong for him. And soon they’ll come looking for me.”
“Oh no! What are we going to do Boss?” Doppio says panicking “First the assassination team betrayed us and now Bucciarati and his gang are gone. What are we to do?”
“Don’t worry Doppio. I’ll deal with these men myself.”
“You? But does that mean? Are you here now Boss”?
“Yes Doppio. I’m nearby, watching over you. Do you see those two men over there?” Doppio looks around and spots two men walking together.
“The tall guys? One dressed in black and the other in some Indiana Jones style get-up?”
“That’s them. They’re the two men who defeated Bucciarati!” The Boss says.
“What do you want me to do?”
“I need you to follow them, get as close to them as possible and when they’re alone I’ll come and deal with them. Do you understand Doppio?”
“Good. I know I can always count on you my sweet Doppio.” With that the boss hangs up. Doppio takes the wallet away from his ear. He hurriedly stuffs his belongings back into his bag and hurries off after the two men, the Boss’ instructions ringing through his head. Winner: Stardust Crusaders
Most voters agreed that the reason for the Stardust Crusaders victory was the more combat orientated abilities of their Stands. The Golden Gangsters’ Stands were more unorthodox in their usage and this didn’t necessarily translate well to a straight up fight like the Crusaders’ did. While they did know each other for longer and worked together more frequently this didn’t make all that much of a difference in this fight because the Crusaders got on well too. The Crusaders’ greater experience also played a part, with most of them having Stands since birth and being older to boot.