Cfp quietly fumed in his seat as the other users brought their hands down. Prime Minister Laquearius, leaning into his microphone, states "And the nays have it. Cfp's proposed amendment to the End of Wrestlers Ban Act has been denied." and quickly raps a gavel against his podium. "This adjourns this month's user meeting."
As the others stood to leave the room or speak with their companions, Cfp walked over to a man in a green hoodie and another in grey polo and khakis. "What the hell was that? You said you agreed with me Beast."
"Don't put me on the spot like that," Beast said, reluctantly shoving his hands in his pockets. "I do, it's just...it's a solution without a problem, you know? Why bother burning bridges?"
"Don't blame Beast for making a bad argument." Cfp turned to reply, only to see Leo looking at him directly as he stood. The senior user's face shifted with his mask, causing Cfp's anger to temporarily placate into unease. Disatisfied, Cfp promptly turns. "I'll call you later, Beast," he mutters as he leaves.
Beast takes a moment to wave good-bye, before turning to Leo. "Let him have his temper tantrum," Leo says, walking briskly towards the door. "He'll bitch and moan, probably to you, and then he'll fall back in line. He always does."
The two users nod, and leave with the others.
Cfp walks into the lobby of User Headquarters, where a multitude of doors were appearing and disappearing as the other users left the "building", an operative word for the space in DFederal's plane where they could meet in solitude from the warriors. His door opened, and Cfp stepped through it, teleporting into his office. As he took a seat, a knock on the door was followed by Annabeth entering.
"How was the meeting?"
"Frustrating, very frustrating," Cfp says, rubbing his temples. He snaps his fingers, and Annabeth stumbles as she temporarily goes blind. Satisfied no one could watch, Cfp removes his mask and sets it down. Closing his eyes in brief relaxation as the power of the mask went silent, Cfp takes a deep breath.
"Annabeth, let Appel know we'll start processing his challenges again. Have Clint and the others start rounding up the warriors that are only reserved and booting them out onto the street."
"May I ask why?" she asks, carefully tapping away what she could on her tablet. "And can I have my eyes back, so I can write this all down?"
"No, and you'll remember it since I'm almost done," Cfp answers, grabbing himself a bottle of beer from his fridge, "Clint can recruit from the usuals - 501st, Peacekeepers, SHIELD, whoever - and have the rest of the security council oversee them. Afterwards I need a reservation for the Battledome. Just that; I'll input the rest of the data myself."
He thinks for a moment, forgetting something, before putting his mask back on. He snaps, and Annabeth's vision returns to her. "That's all. You can go."
A troublemaker raised on the Akomish Reservation, Delsin Rowe has spent much of his life as a graffiti artist and local delinquent. One evening while being arrested by his brother Reggie, Delsin is caught in the escape attempt of several Conduits from the Department of Unified Protection (DUPs). One of the inmates, Hank Daughtry, touches Delsin, triggering Delsin's innate Conduit gene. Delsin accidentally absorbs Hank's smoke powers, and is apprehended by Brooke Augustine. Although he confesses to being a Conduit, Augustine doesn't believe him and tortures everyone on the reservation to find other Conduits. When they realize that those tortured will likely die of their wounds, Delsin and Reggie travel to Seattle for Delsin to absorb Augistine's powers and cure them.In Seattle, Delsin meets the other two escaped inmates, Abigail Walker and Eugene Sims, absorbing their powers and turning them into his allies. Delsin is distracted by the reappearance of Hank Daughtry, who is used as a distraction so that Augustine can kidnap Abigail and Eugene. Delsin and Reggie are captured in their breakout attempt, and Reggie sacrifices his life to help Delsin escape. After dealing with Hank, Delsin fights Augustine and defeats her after absorbing her concrete powers, exposing the actions of the DUP. He returns to the reservation to cure the tribe, before moving to Seattle to work as a vigilante Conduit hero in the city.
Delsin's primary and first power as a Conduit are his Smoke abilities. Absorbed from Hank Daughtry, Delsin's Smoke powers rely on mobility and speed to let Delsin do quick, powerful damage up-close. Delsin's powers are refueled by draining smoke from nearby objects such as destroyed cars or chimneys. Draining smoke will also heal Delsin from any damage that hasn't recovered naturally via his healing factor.
Delsin's starting powerset will be Smoke. He can only use one of his powersets at once. When using Smoke, his chain will act like a whip.
Below are the following Smoke techniques:
- Smoke Dash
- Allows Delsin to turn into a cloud of smoke and quickly relocate in a straight line. Can be used to pass half-solid obstacles, like fences, or people. Can be used twice while free-falling through the air. He can also use this to dash into vents for quick mobility, either through the vent out each side or over it to gain a vertical boost. Traveling through a vent will heal Delsin a small amount.
- Car Boost
- Triggers an explosion in a car's fumes, allowing Delsin to jump into the air at an accelerated speed.
- Smoke Thrusters
- Delsin shoots smoke from his hands to give himself a lift into the air. The thrusters have more power if he uses them right after a Smoke Dash.
- Smoke Shot
- A low-damaging bolt of smoke and embers. Enemies hit in the face with this attack will start to cough, and basic enemies hit will be knocked unconscious.
- Cinder Blast
- A charged attack that shoots a barrage of smoke pellets, dealing heavy damage in a short cone.
- Sulfur Bomb
- Delsin throws a condensed ball of smoke which explodes after a short delay. Enemies affected by the explosion will be covered in clouds of smoke, opening an opportunity to execute or subdue them.
- Cinder Missile
- Delsin fires a compressed smoke projectile that greatly damages upon impact in a wide area. Consumes Heavy Ammo. Delsin will start with five heavy ammo, which builds when Delsin drains smoke.
- Orbital Drop
- Delsin transforms into three balls of smoke, allowing him to soar to an orbit-like height, and then crash into the ground which causes a massive explosion. This is Smoke's karma bomb, which builds up when Delsin performs good deeds. It will go away if Delsin performs an execution instead of subduing someone.
Delsin's second power gained is Neon, used primarily for getting a distance between Delsin and his enemies and making precise, powerful attacks. Delsin's Neon powers are slower than his other power sets but are more powerful and accurate. Delsin's Neon powers are refueled when he absorbs Neon electricity from things like signs or video from satellite dishes (somehow). Draining Neon will also heal Delsin from any damage that hasn't recovered naturally from his healing factor.
Delsin will need to absorb Neon to access this powerset. He can only use one powerset at a time. When using Neon, his chain will straighten out into a sword-life construct that can cut swiftly into enemies.
Below are the following Neon techniques he can use:
- Neon Beam
- Delsin fires a powerful concentrated beam of neon.
- Light Speed
- Allows Delsin to be transformed into a being of neon light, increasing their speed and allowing them to run over obstacles and up walls. Delsin can do this indefinitely.
- Photon Jump
- An upgrade to Light Speed that allows user to perform an extremely high jump when dashing.
- Laser Insight
- An ability that allows Delsin to perceive enemies' weak spots. Shooting the head will obliterate the target while shooting the shin will subdue it. Delsin's perception of time is also briefly slowed while using this ability.
- Phosphor Beam
- Delsin fires a supercharged neon beam, dealing heavy damage in a narrow area. Uses Heavy Ammo. Delsin can hold up to six Phosphor Beams at once, which builds when Delsin absorbs Neon.
- Neon Thrusters
- Delsin shoots neon out of his hands to thrust himself into the air.
- Stasis Bubble
- A neon grenade that levitates affected enemies and freezes them in time, allowing the user more time to target the enemies' weak spots. Enemies hit by the Neon Beam while trapped in the Stasis Bubble become subdued.
- Radiant Sweep
- Delsin charges up and sends a shockwave of neon energy, which levitates enemies and destroys vehicles. Delsin then levitates in front of his enemies, before showering them with neon lasers. The lasers then explode, as Delsin jumps to the ground. Radiant Sweep is Neon's karma bomb, which builds up as Delsin performs good deeds. It resets if Delsin executes enemies or does evil things.
Delsin's third power is Video, a versatile powerset that gives him both mobility and capable combat moves, although they don't do as much damage. Delsin's Video powers are refueled when he absorbs "video", which means things such as television sets, satellite dishes, and other electronic communication devices. Draining Video will also heal Delsin from any damage that hasn't recovered naturally from his healing factor.
Delsin will need to absorb Video to access this powerset. He can only use one powerset at a time. When using Video, he forms a large broadword that he makes wide sweeping attacks with.
Below are the following Video techniques he can use:
- Video Torrent
- A basic attack that fires a continuous stream of pixelated projectiles.
- Bloodthirsty Blades
- A powerful attack that hits a marked enemy with exploding digital blades. Consumes Heavy Ammo.
- Video Surge
- Delsin gains a pair of digital wings, allowing him to make a quick swoop forward. Delsin can shoot while using his wings, can give himself a single boost in the air, and do a second swoop while in the air.
- Shroud of Invisibility
- Delsin turns invisible briefly, allowing him to sneak up on enemies and either execute or subdue them. Delsin can subdue one enemy without losing his invisibility. When he turns invisible, he summons one Angel-like being to his side to fight with hem.
- Hellfire Swarm
- Delsin sticks his arms forward as the sky grows dark. Shortly afterward, an Angelwill fly past him into the air, then another, then a massive group of them. Once a large enough group of Angels/Demons have formed, Delsin raises his arms and swiftly brings them down, signaling the flying army to divebomb a large area in front of Delsin, subduing enemies and leaving civilians uninjured. Hellfire Swarm is Video's karma bomb, which builds up as Delsin performs good deeds. It resets if Delsin executes enemies or does evil things.
- Power Absorption
- Delsin's actual ability as a Conduit is power absorption, which allows him to gain the powers of those born with the Conduit gene via continued physical contact. Because none of the other candidates are Conduits, Delsin will not be able to absorb their powers. This is really only here to avoid a VC.
- Delsin is a skilled free-runner, climbing cliff sides and tall buildings with ease even before obtaining his Conduit powers.
- Good Karma
- This Delsin is Good Karma, which means he subdues enemies instead of executing them.
- Delsin is someone who sticks to his gut instinct and, without the influence of his brother Reggie, often goes into situations without taking a moment to strategize before hand.
- Concrete Manipulation
- Delsin can absorb concrete from D.U.P Conduits that have the artificial conduit gene to access Conduit powers. Since there are no sources of concrete for him to absorb and it's not his starting powerset, this is irrelevant except to avoid a VC.
- Raw Power & Versatility
- Delsin's Conduit abilities make him an incredibly versatile and powerful fighter. His Smoke powers have a jack-of-all trades approach, his Neon powers give him precise long-range damage, and his Video powers give him a swift option. The only limits he has are his inability to access more than one set of powers, but he rarely ever needs to.
- Delsin has only been active for a few months, but in that time he's gone up against drug dealers and Conduits of varying degrees of danger to him, as well as the paramilitary of the D.U.P.
- Delsin has no formal training with his powers, relying on the memories he absorbs and experience in the field.
- Delsin's powers give him multiple types of mobility talents, which allow him to transverse the city of Seattle in brief periods of time when he wishes.
- Delsin is an easy-going and relaxed guy, easy to get along with for those like him. He's also a surprisingly convincing hero, capable of guiding more volatile Conduits like Abigail and Eugene into being more heroic individuals.
Self-titled master of the dark arts and genuine warlock, John Constantine was raised by an abusive and resentful father in 1980's London. Constantine channeled his cynicism and cleverness into a study of the occult, becoming a respected exorcist and mystic. While attempting to perform an exorcism on the young girl named Astra Logue, Constantine accidentally sent her soul to Hell instead. Overcome with guilt, Constantine briefly retired before stopping Manny's plan to bring about the apocalypse. Returning to the world of magic, Constantine met the shipwrecked Oliver Queen, who saved him in exchange for a future favor.Queen called in the favor in 2015 when his friend Sara Lance died, with Constantine helping to restore her soul to her body. Constantine would later meet Sara when she and the Legends accidentally opened the gates of Hell. Chased by the demon Neron, Constantine helped the Legends stop Neron's plan to invade Earth and reluctantly joined the team. While helping the Legends return historical figures to Hell, Constantine met an adult Astra, who nearly killed him in revenge. Constantine and the Legends tried to help Astra use the Loom of Fate to reverse her parents' deaths, but they ultimately failed. Constantine managed to convince Astra to betray the Fates and join the Legends, and the team defeated the Fates to ensure free will remained.
John Constantine is an accomplished warlock and magician. He is masterful in all sorts of spells, incantations, curses, and rituals, and is likely the leading expert in all things magical in his universe. A full list of his magical abilities can be found here, and what will be described is just a brief synopses version for the sake of time.Offensively, John generally relies on creating fireballs that he uses as projectiles. He can also create fire at will to create a blaze to protect himself or heat objects from a distance. He can also put people to sleep, perform telekinesis, and bind people with magic. Defensively, he's capable of placing protection wards on people and things, concealing his presence, limited teleportation, reanimate corpses, and transfer his life's energy to another and vice versa.
- Capable Hand-to-Hand Fighter
- John Constantine is a capable hand-to-hand fighter, using a style similar to bare-knuckle boxing. He could knock out two grown men by himself, and could hit hard enough to cause demons to slightly falter.
- Master Occultist
- John Constantine is a genius when it comes to matters of the mystic and occult, making him impossible to surprise beyond the initial shock when it comes to things of a magical nature. He can think of powerful spells and rituals he might need on the spot, and the means to execute them.
- Expert Manipulator
- John Constantine is feared and mistrusted most for his ability as a liar and con man, tricking demons into bad deals and convincing allies to do things they may not otherwise do. This also makes him a skilled tactician, capable of cobbling together a plan at a given moment and make it work (barely).
- Raw Power & Versatility
- Constantine's a skilled warlock, but most of his magic is either highly specialized or not combat practical. He has a few tricks up his sleeves, such as his trademark fireballs or manipulating physics to get two people to attack each other through him, but he relies on his wit to survive most encounters rather than raw power.
- Constantine has become the most respected and feared warlock in his world for a good reason; he's seen and done just about everything. He's tussled with demons and angels, plus the occasional deity, and gotten out of the encounters with a wink and without a scratch using just his brains and talent.
- Constantine is trained in a wide variety of mystic arts, learning under master sorcerers like Enchantress and Anne Flynn that taught him how to use every type of magic he could.
- Constantine is not more or less mobile than any other human with a bad smoking habit. He can teleport between dimensions, but that's not really useful for this circumstance.
- John's greatest weapon is his silver tongue - he could con, trick, or persuade anyone with the right knowledge and the right timing. He's a professional liar, and he exudes enough confidence and swagger to ensure anybody who listens to him will believe what he says.
In keeping with the tradition of one inaccurate rep. Here's hoping you get in the sewer.
The daughter of two Rivaini merchants, Vivienne was raised within the Ostwick magi circle, where she excelled within the Circle's structure. She quickly became one of Ostwick's most skilled mages, and became the lover of Orlesian noble Duke Bastien de Ghislain, putting herself further in a position of power. While making friends in noble court, she earns the attention of Empress Celene, who she names Court Enchanter. She excels in her position until the mage rebellion, where she formally steps down and leads the
scabLoyalist faction of mages.
Vivienne uses the following equipment:
- Grand Enchanter's Staff
- A staff looted off the Fereldan Frostback high dragon, the Grand Enchanter's Staff does decent ice damage and increases Vivienne's spellpower. The staff may also cast Mind Blast on a successful hit, which sends creates a telekinetic shockwave that sends opponents back and makes them less likely to target Vivienne.
- Masterwork Battlemage Armor
- A set of robes that increase Vivenne's spellpower, her magic defense, and decreases the cost of mana for her spells.
- Hat of Majesty
- An atrocious looking helmet thingy, which increases her ability to avoid ranged (non-magic) attacks and her resistance to spirit damage.
Vivienne uses the follow talent trees for her magic:
- Inferno spells:
- Active: Flashfire, Blistering Pain, Immolate, Wildfire
- Passives: Flashpoint, Clean Burn
- Winter spells:
- Active: Winter's Grasp, Winter's Chill, Fade Step, Frost Step
- Passive: Mana Surge, Winter Stillness
- Storm spells:
- Active: Chain Lightning, Energy Barrage
- Passive: Stormbringer, Conductive Current, Static Charge
- Spirit spells:
- Active: Barrier, Elegant Defense, Dispel, Strengthened Veil
- Passives: Peaceful Aura, Guardian Spirit
- Knight-Enchanter spells:
- Active: Spirit Blade, Defending Blade, Fade Cloak, Decloaking Blast
- Passives: Combat Clarity, Fade Shield, Veiled Riposte, Knight Protector
- Vivienne is a power-hungry, self-serving social climber, and will stop at nothing to accomplish her goals.
- Vivienne is a calculating and methodical thinker, more than willing to sacrifice the free-will and betterment of others if it means accomplishing both the greater good and furthering her own goals.
- Raw Power & Versatility
- Vivienne is a skilled and talented mage, with access to a multitude of versatile spells. Her Knight-Enchanter specialization is particularly powerful, granting her brief invulnerability and more capable in a close range fight than typical mages.
- Vivienne has spent most of her life in politics, rarely stepping out into the field until the Inquisition outside of the occasional assassin. Once in the field she handles herself adeptly, fighting demons, rogue templars, bandits, and the like with the rest of the Inquisitor's party.
- Vivienne spent most of her life in the Circle, and became one of the youngest full-fledged mages in the history of its institution. Needless to say, she is a well-taught and has ample training in how to utilize her magical talents.
- Vivienne has a couple spells to help her with mobility, such as Fade Step, but overall is not more or less mobile than any other human.
- Vivienne is an excellent judge of people and manipulator, capable of maneuvering her way into Orlais' highest political circles. She's also a bitch, which means she's outwardly cruel and holds people that don't agree with or benefit her in contempt.
The seventh adopted child of eccentric
assholeinventor Reginald Hargreeves, Vanya Hargreeves was born with the ability to manipulate soundwaves. Hargreeves, fearing her power if left uncontrolled, had Vanya's sister Alison brainwash her into believing she had no powers. As the "powerless" of the seven, Vanya was emotionally and psychologically abused by Hargreeves for her lack of power, save for her passion with the violin. Eventually getting fed up with the abuse, Vanya wrote a book describing her abuse, alienating herself from her siblings and father. Leonard Peabody, a murderer with a grudge against the Umbrella Academy, manipulates Vanya into rediscovering her powers after Hargreeves' death. She goes on a rampage, but before she can kill her siblings Alison knocks her out, which accidentally triggers the apocalypse when a stray blast blows up the moon.
- Low Self-Esteem
- Vanya has an incredibly low sense of self-esteem. She was raised to constantly doubt and question herself, which has led to a mindset that is prone to depressive cycles or lashing out. This seems to have been tempered by the events of 1963, but she is described by Diego as "always the bomb", indicating her volatile nature.
- Alter Egos
- When Vanya is particularly emotional, she hallucinates younger versions of herself that encourage her to use her powers for indiscriminate destruction. In this state, she's difficult almost impossible to reach out to and calm down, with Allison being forced to incapacitate her and Ben sacrificing his afterlife when she entered this state.
- Raw Power & Versatility
- Vanya's powers are a incredibly versatile and dangerous ability. Her sonic shockwaves have sent hundreds of people to the ground, shot a hole through the moon (on accident), and could affect entire city blocks when used subconsciously.
- Vanya is very inexperienced, having been forced to leave the Umbrella Academy and not using her powers for decades. Since regaining them, she's never had an opportunity to use them for battle until the final showdown with the Commission, and thus only uses them in their most basic ways.
- Vanya initially trained with the rest of the members of the Umbrella Academy, but was mind wiped by her father and has only recently remembered her abilities. She isn't very disciplined with her powers, and thus relies on her natural instincts in how to utilize them.
- Vanya can use her powers to fly, which tends to be helpful when it comes to mobility. Otherwise she's not more or less mobile than any other human.
- Vanya's low self-esteem and emotionally vulnerable mindset makes her easy to manipulate, as shown by Leonard Peabody and, to a lesser extent, her siblings. She's also not a very convincing person, relying on appealing to her siblings' bonds when it came time to rescue Harlan and initially failing to get their help.
Abducted alongside his brother Bi-Han by the Lin Kuei, Sub-Zero was trained and raise in the clan to become a perfect assassin. He took the mantle Sub-Zero after the mysterious death of Bi-Han, and vowed to hunt down his killer, Scorpion. In his absence, the Lin Kuei begins the Cyber Initiative, forcefully turning its members into cyborgs. Sub-Zero was captured and tortured, but then freed by Raiden, vowing then to aid them in their battle against Outworld. During the Outworld Invasion, Sub-Zero is killed and his soul claimed by Quan Chi. He fought at the necromancer's side until the end of the war, where his soul was restored.Defeating the Cyber Initiative, Sub-Zero assumed the role of grandmaster within the Lin Kuei. As Grandmaster, he brokered peace with the clan's ancient rival the Shirai Ryu, personally forgiving Scorpion, having realized the villainy of his brother. When Kronika brings a past Sektor to the present, Sub-Zero is forced to work with Scorpion to prevent the Cyber Initiative from beginning again. The duo recruit the Netherrealm ferryman Kharon, with Sub-Zero briefly fighting a past Scorpion when he states he killed the present Scorpion. Sub-Zero convinces the past Scorpion to work with them, and they help Raiden in the final battle in the assault on Kronika's fortress.
- Sub-Zero adheres to his moral code and sense of honor without question. He refused to utilize cybernetics for the Lin Kuei, and fights firmly on the side of Earthrelm in the Mortal Kombat tournament. He is the first to forgive Scorpion, acknowledging the crimes of his brother and giving up his own quest for vengeance.
- Stealth Expert
- Sub-Zero is a trained ninja, and is skilled at stealthy infiltration and exfiltration.
- Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant
- Sub-Zero is a highly skilled hand-to-hand fighter, utilizing his powers and his skill to take on multiple powerful opponents like Shao Kahn or Scorpion. He was even powerful enough to defeat cybernetic ninjas like Cyrax and Sektor.
- Raw Power & Versatility
- Sub-Zero's cryomancy is a versatile and deadly power, allowing him to engage up-close or from a medium distance on his own terms. He's one of the deadliest characters in the Mortal Kombat universe, with only the most powerful individuals like Liu Kang or Raiden capable of making him falter.
- Sub-Zero has been on the frontlines of all the major conflicts of Earthrelm and Outworld, fighting alongside Raiden and his forces several times. Additionally, he has fought his own clan of ninjas by himself, leading a rebellion to keep the the Lin Kuei from losing their souls to cybernetics.
- Sub-Zero was raised by the Lin Kuei since childhood, learning the arts of martial combat, stealth, and all the accompanying ninja talents for his whole life.
- Sub-Zero, outside of his short-range teleportation via ice form, is not more or less mobile than the average athletic ninja.
- Sub-Zero is noted for his taciturn and stern personality, known for being a cold and distant man. Despite that, he is also respected within the Lin Kuei for his moral code and honor, indicating he's capable of leading and inspiring others when he feels it necessary.
The love child of century baby Kevin Sack and Opuk-Ra tribeswoman Anaykah, Jakita Wagner was exiled as a baby from the city of Opuk-Ra due to her mixed race heritage. Anaykah contacted her former lover Elijah Snow, who took the child and saved her before the city collapsed. Snow gave her to the Wagners, who raised her as their own. Inheriting her father's decelerated aging and superhuman abilities, as well as his low threshold for boredom, Jakita joined Planetary where she became Elijah's right-hand woman.During their conflict with the Four, Jakita was taken hostage by the Four so they could wipe Elijah's memory. With Elijah out of commission, Jakita attempted to lead Planetary against the Four with limited success. After the death of field leader Ambrose Chase, Jakita broke Elijah's orders and recruited the amnesiac Elijah to Planetary. Jakita takes him on various missions to jog his memory, which succeeds. Briefly concerned about her mentor's more ruthless persona, she and the rest of Planetary eventually stop the Four, killing or incapacitating all members and taking their technology to better humanity.
- Jakita has an inherent sense of wanderlust and thrill-seeking, willing to go up against powerful or unknown threats if it might provide some entertainment as long as it doesn’t interfere with the mission.
- Skilled Hand-to-Hand Fighter
- Utilizing a brawler-style of fighting, Jakita is a skilled hand-to-hand fighter, capable of nonlethally taking down skilled soldiers and operators. She was even capable of taking on Batman in hand-to-hand combatant.
- Skilled Weapon User
- Jakita has shown herself to be skilled with a variety of weapons, including firearms and improvised weaponry.
- Raw Power & Versatility
- Jakita's strength makes her a dangerous opponent, but it limits her to one avenue of attack. She's creative and talented enough to make it work, and her strength allows her to grapple with more unique superhumans on a regular basis.
- Jakita has been an operative for Planetary for around 50 years, and in her time has encountered countless different types of beings and threats. From a cabal of supervillains to alien monsters to ghost vigilantes to dimensional travelers, Jakita has seen it all.
- Jakita has likely received some type of training over her time in Planetary, but it's not known where she's learned any of her skills.
- Jakita has superhuman in the most basic sense, in that she can travel large distances in an easy sprint. She's also flexible, capable of dangling off the rail of a helicopter and utilizing a firearm with skill, but is not noteworthily acrobatic or mobile.
- Jakita is rough around the edges, but she's a good judge of people and fundamentally a good person. She's guided by her gut instinct and moral compass, which could appeal to like-minded individuals, but also prefers not to take a leadership role unless forced to.
The leader of the Phantom Thieves of Heart, Joker is a wrongfully accused delinquent. Sent to Tokyo after being wrongfully accused of assaulting a woman, Joker transfers to Shujin Academy. When he accidentally stumbles upon the Metaverse and the Palace of the abusive gym teacher Kamoshida, Joker forms the Phantom Thieves of Heart to stop Kamoshida and similar corrupt adults. He eventually stumbles upon the Conspiracy, stopping its leader Shido Masayoshi and the secret puppet god controlling the Metaverse Yaldabaoth. Initially expecting to go to jail in order to corroborate with authorities for Shido's imprisonment, Joker discovers his ex-
boyfriendteammate Akechi is alive.
For occasions where using his Persona would be difficult or inconvenient, Joker uses the following types of equipment.
- Royal Dagger
- Joker has a preference for knives as his melee weapon. The Royal Dagger increases Joker's luck. Joker is a skilled knife fighter.
- Tyrant Pistol R
- Joker has a preference for using pistols for his ranged weapon. Tyrant Pistol R holds 8 rounds per encounter and boosts his Magic.
- Grappling Hook
- Joker has a grappling hook on his left hand, with a seemingly limitless length. The line is strong enough to support the weight of himself and at least another person. He also uses it to surprise enemies by grappling himself towards them.
Joker's primary Persona is Arsene, the gentleman thief and rogue from Maurice Leblanc's crime novels, stealing from criminals worse from him. Arsene is initially a weak Persona, but thanks to Skill Cards and the slaughter of countless Personas better than him, he has received enough bulk to be better. He specializes in single target magic attacks.
- Severe Fire damage to 1 foe. Rare chance to inflict burn.
- Diamond Dust
- Severe Ice damage to 1 foe. Rare chance to freeze a foe.
- Thunder Reign
- Severe Electric damage to 1 foe. Rare chance to inflict shock.
- Atomic Flare
- Severe Nuclear damage to 1 foe.
- Psycho Force
- Severe Psy damage to 1 foe.
- Heavy Curse damage to 1 foe.
- Heavy Bless damage to 1 foe.
- Inflict Sleep (high odds) to 1 foe.
- Pinch Anchor
- Allows use of ambush-only skills after Baton Pass. Aresene's passive trait.
- Wild Card User
- As a Wild Card User, Joker is able to use multiple Personas. He can only use one at a single moment, but he can switch between them at a given moment. This isn't really relevant since Joker is only going to have one Persona on him, but it is worth noting.
- Expert in Stealth
- Joker's work as a Phantom Thief requires him to be stealthy, and he's good at it. He regularly infiltrates complex and well-guarded palaces without getting caught.
- Joker is an incredibly sharp and observant person, capable of noticing the minute details of a person's behavior and reacting accordingly. He was able to deduce Akechi's status as a Persona user from a stray sentence, and can figure out the best way to talk to someone to get what he needs.
- Raw Power & Versatility
- Joker himself isn't too powerful, only having his weapons and his abilities as a normal human. Arsene boosts several powerful spells to help defend Joker, and Joker is the most combat capable of the Phantom Thieves.
- Joker was only active as a Thief for a year, but in that time he's fought two different reality warping gods, as well as infiltrating several castles filled with a wide variety of monsters and magical beings.
- Joker has a limited amount of training, including gun play from Shinya, acrobatics from Kasumi, and basic combat from Morgana, but most of his training has ultimately come from the field.
- Joker's required to do a lot of athletics and gymnastics as a Phantom Thief, regularly engaging in parkour as he infiltrates a Palace. His grappling hook gives him an extra boost in this regard, allowing him to reach complicated places with ease.
- Joker's an exceptionally good people person. He can flip his personality traits on a dime to match whoever he's talking with, and convincing multiple people to develop lifelong bonds with him in the span of
ten conversationsa couple months. His intuition likewise allows him to figure out the best way to deal with someone in conversation.
A fortune teller from Genoa, Rose foresaw Doomsday and discovered its originator, M. Bison. She attempted to kill him, but discovered later that he had survived her attack. She found herself targeted by Akuma, barely escaping with her life, and discovering that she had somehow acquired parts of M. Bison's soul. She tried to take on M. Bison once again, but the fight nearly killed her and she was rescued by Guy. When M. Bison was killed by Ryu, he utilized the link between them to make Rose his temporary host. She unknowingly allowed M. Bison to survive within her, taking an apprentice named Maggio under her until M. Bison left her body.Years later, she learns that M. Bison had survived yet again and she enters the World Tournament to attempt to defeat him. In reading her cards, she learns of "The Fool", the one person capable of permanently defeating M. Bison. She vows to uncover the identity of the Fool and protect them until they're ready to fight M. Bison. She eventually discovers this to be Ryu, who she attempts to stop from taking on M. Bison alone. M. Bison ambushes Rose and absorbs his remaining memories and power from her, leaving her to die afterwards. Rose is rescued by Guy, who allows M. Bison to escape in exchange for her safety.
- Given the nature of Rose's Soul Power, she always maintains a calm and collected facade. She rarely allows herself to act on her emotions, and always tends to try to think through a problem.
- Rose has a gifted intelligence, knowledgeable in multiple subjects and has a penchant for long-term planning. She tends to view herself as a teacher, possessing a bit of an arrogant persona when fighting.
- Tarot Reading
- Rose is skilled at divination and reading tarot cards.
- Raw Power & Versatility
- Rose's Soul Power is a powerful magic, capable of harming beings like M. Bison, Ryu, and Akuma without difficulty. It is also a versatile one, offering mobility and defensive powers in addition to its offensive abilities. The one flaw of Soul Magic is that each individual attack doesn't do a lot of damage, with Rose relying on overwhelming or outmaneuvering opponents who can tank it.
- Rose has been in a supporting role in stopping M. Bison, aiding and training Ryu. She has also entered the World Warrior tournament, fighting a large cast of powerful characters in her travels.
- Rose is well-trained in the usage of her magic, having been taught by the same mentor who taught M. Bison to use Psycho Power, and has spent much of her time since honing her magic.
- Rose incorporates acrobatic and flowing moves in her combat style, making her an agile and nimble fighter. In terms of actual mobility, she is not more or less fast than an average human woman.
- Rose is a serene and mature person, a natural mentor to more rash figures like Ryu and Guy. She earns respect through her intelligence and grace, and uses it well enough to garner a series of apprentices and allies in her mission to stop M. Bison.
- Full votes require well-written edges OR a detailed explanation of at least ten sentences.
- Half-votes are the previously mentioned requirements sans the "well-written".
- Votes with little to no reason, bias, or irrelevant information will not count at all.
- All votes must contain proper grammar and spelling.
- All votes must clearly express a winner/tie to ensure proper tallying of votes.
- These requirements are abstract; I reserve the right to count or discount votes depending on their individual merit.
- My rebuttal policy is as follows; the initial rebuttal will reduce a vote to half, and a particularly outstanding rebuttal will reduce it to nothing. The first counter-argument, if adequate, will raise the vote back to full value. Going forward from there, all rebuttals and counter-arguments will only affect a vote if I believe it does so adequately.
- Voting closes May 30th.
The game is capture the flag. The fight will take place in a large, unoccupied industrial complex, with several buildings. Each of the warriors are spread out from each other.
The warriors are playing in a lethal game of capture flag. There is a backpack that has been hidden and must be obtained by the warriors. The backpack must be protected and on one's person by the time their clock expires. Every warrior has a tracker of the backpack that will be activated when it is first obtained. The tracker will update every minute.Each warrior has a clock of half an hour. Their clock starts when they get possession of the backpack, and stops if they lose possession of it. The first warrior to have their clock expire will win the match.
- Maintain the possession of the backpack when their personal timer runs out.
- Second Place
- All remaining warriors tie for second place when a winner is achieved.
- 3-6 Place
- A warrior who dies will take the lowest available place.
Awakened by the distinctive pounding in his temples that only came with a hangover, John Constantine groggily opened his eyes. What the hell happened... he thought to himself, reaching for his pockets. He let out a sigh of relief as he felt his pack of cigarettes, and put one in his mouth as observed his surroundings. He found himself in what appeared to be, of all things, a shopping mall's playpen. Sitting up, he noticed he had been lying on a bench, his coat neatly folded as a pillow.
"Well bollocks," Constantine mutters, picking it up and standing. Looking around at the abandoned shops, he found what he was looking for - an exit, a helpful red neon light showing the way. Alright, last night I was at the pub, he thought as he left. Me and...and...
Constantine cursed as he entered an empty garage, feeling the lingering effects of magic as his short-term memories vanished. In their place, his mind exploded as information flowed inside. "Sod off you bastards!" he yelled at the roof, sprinting down the garage. "I ain't playing your twisted game, whatever it is with this backpack nonsense!"
He reaches the bottom floor, shoving open the door expecting a city street or the outside world. In its place, a simple concrete room with only two exits; the door behind him, and a glass door leading into a sky bridge. As Constantine carefully steps into the glass tunnel, he sighs once again as he looked below; nothing but clouds miles beneath him, likely with more miles than that between him and the ground.
Jakita angrily raises her hand to her eyes, finding herself in a construction yard. She looks around, spotting the open sky above and around her, and crosses her arms in annoyance. "Wait till the old man hears about this..."
Taking a few cautious steps to the building's edge, she confirms her suspicion as she spots the clouds below. Looking around, she sees that her building seems to form a square, with three other similarly sized buildings composing the other corners, with multiple bridges connecting them. She turns back around, the faint smell of smog reaching her nose, before a man appears in front of her in a cloud of smoke.
"Sorry about to bump into you like that. Little bit lost," Delsin says, looking over Jakita. "That being said, kind of happy I did. Really digging the whole latex tough girl act that's going on here."
"I don't take too well to unwanted ogling," she replies, just as both receive their instructions mentally. "Especially from wannabe competitors."
"Nothing wannabe about me," Delsin answers, putting his hand to his chest in mock offense. "This is 100% genuine Delsin, the real deal." Jakita smirks, before slamming her foot into the ground and sending shards of the concrete beneath them into the air. She quickly punches them, launching them as projectiles as she dashes forward.
"If you're the real deal, then no worries about holding back."
Delsin easily avoids her, dashing into a cloud of smoke and reappearing behind her. "Much as I'd love whatever kind of up-close and personal lesson you could give me, I'm gonna be a bit too busy winning. Maybe I'll see you around, Herr Hottie." He shoots a smoke blast, sending Jakita into a fit of coughs as it slams into her face, before spotting a smoke vent. He dashes towards it, fleeing the scene.
Taking a deep breath to get control of herself, Jakita wipes the tears from her eyes as the smoke clears. She watches as her breath comes out in a chilly wisp, the telltale sign of the temperature dropping. "Elijah, I don't know what the plan is but-" she says, turning to see a spike of ice approach her. Reacting in an instant, she throws her fist, shattering the ice with ease, and sees her new attacker.
"I do not know who this Elijah is," Sub-Zero calls, taking a fighting pose, "But I will accept your challenge where that boy did not."
Jakita mumbles to herself, looking around the rooftop construction zone for an exit or a weapon. "Just what I need getting in my way. Ice ninjas." She looks at a pile of metal beams, picking one up and hefting in one arm like a javelin. She throws it at him as she charges, remarking a quick "I hate when it's ninjas." as she barrels towards him.
Rose blinks twice, taking a deep breath to calm herself as she suddenly finds herself in an office complex, with rows of cubicles obscuring her immediate view. As the flood of information comes through her mind, she laxly pulls out her tarot cards. A bit of divination would be helpful in a situation strange as this, after all.
She shuffles the deck, and muffles a yelp of surprise as an unfamiliar image shows on the first card she draws. The picture shows herself, with her long yellow scarf draped as a circle and cards in her hand. "It seems the cards are feeling more literal today," she says, registering the familiar imagery of the Fortune card.
The surprise turns to confusion at the next image, a young boy in a black coat, striking the familiar pose of the Fool with a satchel in place of burlap sack. As if on cue, she hears faint steps above her and stands, taking a defensive but not outwardly aggressive pose. "You may reveal yourself, young one. I do not intend to harm you."
Joker, who had been quietly crawling above in the vents, slips out and onto the ground below "Last time an eccentric with cards told me something like that, it didn't end well," he replied, cautiously approaching Rose. "I assume you've been given the same instructions as me?"
"On the surface, at least," she says, gesturing to the cards. "Fate seems like it would have different plans for me, Fool." She draws one, with the image of a woman in white standing in pain. Rose and Joker look at each other in confusion, before the former looks closer. Behind the woman were thunderstorms, fire, and meteors; the tell-tale destruction of the Tower.
Vanya throws herself up with a start, letting out a scream as she awakens from a nightmare. Wiping the cold sweat from her forehead, Vanya cautiously looks around the hotel bedroom she's found herself in. She stands and leaves the room, finding herself in a hallway. "Hello! Anyone there?" She yells, silence being her only response.
After briefly exploring her floor, she takes the elevator down to the hotel lobby. As she arrives, a pulsing pain goes through her head as her instructions come through. "What the hell..." she mutters as the doors open, revealing a grand room, with a fountain, chandeliers, and the other decorations of splendor. Its size overwhelms even more as Vanya realizes the lobby is completely empty of people.
Taking a cautious step out, Vanya looks at what appears to be a receptionist's desk, where a white backpack sat openly displayed.
She immediately runs over to it, looking inside in confusion at its emptiness. "Oy, squire, why don't you hand 'at over nice and slow," a voice tells her, and Vanya turns to see Constantine, leaning against a pillar with cigarette in mouth. He raises his hands in a non-threatening posture. "Ain't no need to get to skittish."
Vanya only narrows her eyes, putting the backpack on. "Why should I trust you? I was told that you had to get the backpack too."
Constantine shrugs, raising his wrist to show her a watch, which in turn displays a bright blue holomap with a distinctive red dot beeping. She yelps as she feels something wrap around her wrist, a similar watch suddenly placed there. "See this little dot? My guess is that now that you've got that bag, everyone else is gonna be making their way here real quick." He starts to walk to her, only to stop as she glow white. Even if it wasn't magic, he could feel the power, and he backs away.
"No need to get antsy love," he says, raises his hands. "Now, way I figure is that you don't look too keen to fighting. I don't mind getting my hands dirty, so I figure you give me the bag and we be on our merry way."
Vanya pauses, thinking it over, only for a solid wall of ice to go between her and Constantine. "I don't think we'll be having that, good man," Vivienne states, regally walking towards Vanya, staff in hand. The mage raises an eyebrow in confusion as her spell melts to a puddle, Constantine grinning with a lit cigarette in his mouth.
"Gonna have to use a little bit more than a sculpture to stop me." Constantine says, opening his hands to conjure a pair of fireballs. He tosses them at Vivienne, who slams her staff into the ground. A magical aura overcomes her, the fireballs fizzling against the barrier, before she waves her hand. Ice begins to surround Constantine, freezing him in place.
"Now," Vivienne says, a magical blade forming in her hand. She waves the staff in her hand, and a barrage of magic flies towards Vanya, slamming into her chest. "I'm only going to ask once, dear - Give me that bag."
Raising his finger to his lips, Joker peeks out from his hiding point as he and Rose watch the fight unfold. He looks at Rose meaningfully, before gesturing to the bag in Vanya's arms.
Nervously backing away, Vanya raises her arm in a protective stance. "I'm warning you...I don't want to hurt you."
Vivienne responds with a cruel laugh. "How ever could you hurt me, darling?" she asks, before tilting her head to the frozen Constantine. "Even if its buried underneath enough gin to fill a dwarven tavern, at least he has magic. You, my dear...have nothing." Vivienne swings her spectral blade, aiming for a swift kill, only to meet Vanya's raised hands. The girl, glowing a faint white, extends her other hand, a white tentacle of sound forming from it. Vivienne barely has time to shift into her Fade Form, the tentacle passing harmlessly through her.
"How dare you!" Vivienne yells as she returns to the mortal realm, slamming her staff down. Fire sprouts from the ground around Vanya, who barely manages to lift herself into the air to avoid the worst of the flames. Vivienne swings her staff, and a bolt of lightning falls from the sky, only for Vanya to raise her hand and block it with a sonic shield. She then brings her hands together, creating a large shockwave that sends Vivienne and the thawing Constantine to the ground.
Rubbing his hands and arms to warm himself up, Constantine throws a cold look at Vivienne. "Are you bloody mad? I almost had her until you went and started throwing fireballs around." He stands and approaches Vivienne, fireball forming in his hand, as Vanya slowly descends, not finding any immediate threat. For her part, Vivienne simply sneers at him and steps forward, turning into icy mist that passes through John and Vanya.
She reappears behind them, thrusting her staff forward to cast Flashfire at Vanya. The fire scorches her body and mind, and she screams as she falls back to the ground with a thud. As she claws at the burning skin, she hears a faint voice, "You can't trust them."
Glaring through the pain, she spots her younger self, calmly sitting cross-legged in front of her. "They won't let you live. They won't leave you alone - so show them how powerful you truly are."
Vanya nods, before throwing herself back as she allows herself to let loose. Multiple shockwaves emit from her, pinning both Constantine and Vivienne to the ground, as Vanya's jean jacket and pants are burned and replaced with a white suit. Vanya, body glowing and her eyes a sickly blue, rises and throws her arms out, tentacles flinging out of her.
Constantine casts a spell, briefly sinking into the ground to avoid one tentacle, while Vivienne tries to raise another barrier. The white tentacle smashes through with ease, turquoise magic flaring as it breaks the barrier and wraps around the mage. Vivienne grits her teeth, refusing to let Vanya hear her pain as the tentacles crushes her in its grip.
Vanya tilts her head in sadistic curiosity, before promptly lifting Vivienne up and smashing her into the ground, head first. She then emits a powerful shockwave, throwing lobby furniture into the air and cracking the very ground beneath her.
Sub-Zero flips backwards, creating an ice clone in his place as Jakita's foot slams into where he was standing moments ago. The statue shatters, freezing Jakita in place. He barely has time to form a frozen warhammer into his hands before she breaks free, grunting in annoyance through chattering teeth. He swings the hammer, catching her in the ribs, but she responds by punching the weapon's handle, reducing it to shards.
She throws a right hook, which he barely blocks, and he counters by forming a dagger of ice in his opposite hand. He thrusts the blade, aiming for Jakita's gut, but she responds by grabbing his wrist and throwing him into the air. He flips to balance himself as he falls, forming a ball of ice and launching it at Jakita. The blast sends her sprinting to cover, ducking behind a road roller as Sub-Zero gracefully lands on a crane.
Sub-Zero prepares another ice blast, just missing the exposed Jakita as she punches one side of the roller. Raising his eyes in confusion, realization dawns on him as Jakita repeats the action on the other side, He watches as Jakita hefts the now-loosened metal cylinder in her arms, and begins to spin to give it momentum. He quickly scales the crane, not bothering to try to stop Jakita. Sub-Zero climbs to the top, spotting a steel building frame within reach. He leaps just as Jakita releases her grip, the large construction tool now flying at him.
He lands with a thud, pulling himself onto a beam and balancing himself. Jakita leaps up to join him, forcing him to backflip away as her fist meets the beam. She cracks her knuckles as Sub-Zero takes his stance again. "Not too bad, popsicle." she says, throwing her arms out to steady herself. Both look down, noticing the several story jump that awaited them below.
"It would be ironic if one of us were to die from the fall, rather than the other," Sub-Zero remarks. He tries a kick, which Jakita haphazardly blocks. They separate immediately afterwards, swaying uneasily to catch their balance.
"Whatever happens, it'll be interesting," Jakita replies, eliciting a chuckle from them both. Before they could continue their fight, several white shockwaves erupt from the ground beneath them, creating a massive hole in the ground. Jakita raises her eyebrow, and Sub-Zero loosens slightly, before the frame shatters apart and sends them into freefall below.
Joker takes this chance to dash forward, hoping to use the chaos to grab the bag. "Go, Arsene!" he orders, the Persona forming behind him and giving a demonic roar. Arsene throws out his arms, and a bright yellow arrow forms in the sky as he casts Kougaon. The arrow shoots itself at Vanya, who responds by blocking it before sending a tentacle at Joker. He effortlessly slides underneath it, grabbing the bag as he passes under Vanya.
Joker stands and turns, gun drawn and Arsene reappearing behind him. He takes a moment to study Vanya's face, spotting the fear in her eyes as she rears towards him. He slightly lowers the gun, Arsene folding his wings and crossing his arms as well. Vanya hesitates, staring at Joker intently. "Smart move, squire," Constantine says as he reemerges from the ground. He begins to mumble an incantation under his breath, eyes staring intently at Vanya. Rose walks forward, unloosening her scarf, but a raised hand from Joker keeps her back.
The pair watch in silence as Vanya slowly descends, Constantine's chanting the only sound as the color slowly returns to Vanya and she descends. "A calming spell," Rose says, a hint of approval in her voice. "As long as no one disturbs them, we should be fine to-"
A small, smoky orb suddenly drops between them, before exploding and sending all four into a fit of coughs. "Sorry to be tardy to the party, folks," Delsin yells from above, smoke thrusters carrying him through the air. He stops and begins to descend, smoking and ash forming around him as he prepares to slam into the ground. Joker grabs Rose by the waist and throws his grappling hook, bringing them out of Delsin's landing zone, while Constantine creates a portal and trips into it as Delsin lands with an explosion.
Vanya launches herself back into the air, all notions of peace gone. Delsin doesn't bother to stop, rolling away from Vanya's first energy beam and sprinting over to grab the bag. Just as he wraps his fingers around it, Vanya creates a tentacle, forcing him back. She then shoots a beam of white energy at him, sending Delsin smoke dashing for cover. He lands behind the concierge desk, where Constantine also sits, using his loose tie to wipe a cut on his forehead.
"Now look and what you did, you ponce."
Finding themselves temporarily drifting in air as they fell through the hole created by the shockwave, Jakita looks over to Sub-Zero in amusement. "You know you've been falling for too long when you can think about how long you've been flying." Sub-Zero laughs as he fires an ice blast below him, forming a frozen platform against a wall. He lands on it with a thud, standing and turning to see Jakita plunging towards him, fist extended. He flips off the ledge, leaving an ice clone in his place that freezes her as they collide.
Sub-Zero once again forms a platform, landing on it and freezing the wall behind him. He then shatters the ice and the wall, escaping into the room just as Jakita lands beside him, teeth chattering and an annoyed look on her face. "Can you stop doing that? It makes punching you harder."
She follows her opponent, finding herself in an unfinished construction space, drywall and piles of plywood forcing her into a maze. "Oh great - now he gets to be an actual ninja," she grimaces, just as she feels ice beneath her. She is thrown into the air as Sub-Zero ice slides underneath her, tossing her into the air and freezing her mid-fall as he spins around. He forms a war hammer and swings it against her, sending her crashing through the flimsy wooden walls.
Jakita stands, ready to keep fighting, only for Sub-Zero to have disappeared again. "Ninjas. I hate ninjas."
As Joker and Rose go swinging through the air, Vanya throws several tentacles at them to try to land them. Letting go of Rose and his grapple hook, Joker stops mid-swing and spins, avoiding the tentacles as he draws his gun and fires two shots at Vanya as he falls. She raises a shield, giving Rose the opportunity to dash in and throws her scarf at Vanya, glowing a dark blue as the Soul Power slams into her. She flies away, turning to shoot a beam at Rose, who raises her scarf and deflects it back to Vanya, knocking her out of the sky.
From behind cover, Constantine stands and begins chanting, a hellish portal opening to catch Vanya as Delsin shoots several blasts of smoke to distract her. She manages to halt herself mid-air, but the pull of the portal still drags her towards it slowly. She glares at John, who quickly disappears in a puff of smoke before a tentacle could crush him, with Delsin smoke dashing away as well.
He reappears on the other side of the room, Joker landing beside him. "Fancy seeing you here, lad," he says, forming a pair of fireballs while Arsene forms behind Joker.
"You really like the sound of your own voice." the teen observes as a shockwave sends the two sprawling away from each other. Joker flips and fires two more shots at Vanya, who raises a shield and sends the bullets flying back towards him. A yellow shield forms in front of him to catch the bullets, and Constantine smirks as he lowers his hand.
"No reason we still can't get to know each other, squire. Constantine, John Constantine." The warlock says as he tosses the fireballs at Vanya, who deflects them.
"Joker. Pleasure." Joker answers, Arsene throwing his arm down. An icy tree forms beside Vanya, who hastily raises a shield as Diamond Dust shatters, shards of ice and frozen wind flying against her shield, sending her recoiling away but unharmed.
"Now that we're all friendly, let's say we win the boss battle eh?" Delsin asks as he appears beside them. "I got something that might work, but you two need to distract her."
"It's your bloody fault we're in this mess in the first place. If you hadn't have butted in-"
"Not the time, Constantine." Joker orders, already dashing forward with Arsene. "We'll keep her busy."
Delsin nods in appreciation, before smoke dashing away. He reappears a short distance away, watching as Joker and Constantine's magic flair as they bombard an untouched Vanya. He jumps, using his smoke thrusters to rise into the air and land on a floor of the hotel. He kicks down the door, spotting a television set, and puts his hand forward, allowing the waves of video energy to flow into him.
Running back to the battle, he leaps down and turns invisible, form shifting as he quietly approaches Vanya. He raises his arm, and a pixelated machine gun forms over his hand. He shoots Vanya several times, marking her as she spins and throws a tentacle at him. He forms holographic wings and launches himself in the air, before forming several large digital swords. The blades fling themselves at Vanya, who tries to raise shields to block them all. Delsin continues, and the overwhelming numbers soon beat Vanya as a sword flies between her shields and skewers her.
The girl falls to the ground, blood already leeching from the wound, as the others surround her. Constantine frowns sadly, and offers her a hand as her eyes return to their natural brown. "Sorry love. It shouldn't have had to go this way." She takes his hand and nods, before closing her eyes and dying.
"So what now?" Joker asks to the others, who stand in a circle around Vanya's body. After a few moments of silence, Rose picks up the bag and hands it to Joker. "You must win this. Go, now." she orders before throwing her scarf, sending Delsin and Constantine to the ground. Joker reluctantly nods and sprints away. Delsin stands and sprints after Joker, firing his Video Torrent, the two disappearing deeper into the hotel.
Constantine also rises, but another whip from Rose's scarf puts him back down. She approaches him and offers a hand. "Kill me, John Constantine," she orders, causing the mage to raise an eyebrow in confusion. "You and I need to talk, privately." Recalling the victory conditions, Constantine nods and casts a death curse. To the outside eye, Rose simply collapses, eyes rolled in and body limp. As she looks at her "corpse" in amusement, Constantine pulls out a cigarette and lights it.
"So, what's on your mind love?"
As he chases Joker through the hotel, finding themselves in a hallway, Delsin continues shooting his Video Torrent at the young thief, who effortlessly twists and rolls to avoid them as he runs. Joker turns and Arsene forms, before a small pink rectangle forms. It soon expands and explodes, stopping Delsin in his tracks as Psycho Force slams into him. He dashes forward through the pain, collapsing as he falls through the other side, Joker already sprinting far ahead of him.
"Not getting away that easy, you little shit," Delsin growls in annoyance, noticing a neon bar sign to his right. Temporarily stopping to absorb the energy, his hands now glowing a bright pink, Delsin cracks his neck before dashing after Joker. He raises his arm and fires, precisely hitting Joker in the shin.
The boy yelps as he's forced to the ground, his leg trapped by a swirling beam of neon energy. The Conduit dashes forward, grabbing the bag just as Arsene forms and slams his foot down, shattering the floor where he'd once stood. Delsin kicks down the door at the end of the hallway, finding himself in a glass skywalk to another building.
Joker, already up again, fires his last shot at Delsin, the bullet slamming into him and slowing Delsin down enough for Joker to throw his grappling hook. The hook wraps around Delsin's body, and Joker pulls himself towards Delsin, using the Conduit's chest as a springboard to flip off of him. Joker lands on his feet as Delsin stumbles back, bullet wound already closing and healing.
"You're starting to be a real pain in my ass, kid." Delsin says with a smirk, tossing a stasis bomb at Joker's feet just as Arsene casts Atomic Flare. The spell blows apart the sky bridge as Joker is temporarily suspended in air. Delsin barely reacts with his neon dash, climbing over the debris and sprinting up the side of the connected building.
As he watches Delsin and the bag sprint away, Joker tosses his grappling hook just as the stasis bubble gives, hurtling through the sky and after the prize.
"I imagine you're familiar with tarot cards, yes?" Rose asks a bored John, pulling out her deck of cards. "Aye, that's basically the magical world's version of training wheels." he answers with a dismissive drag. "What's 'at got to do with all this?"
The fortune teller doesn't answer at first, laying a single card before him. Rolling his eyes in annoyance, he flips it and chuckles in amusement; the Hanged Man, with a recognizable patch of blond hair and a cigarette in his mouth. "Got to say, I'm pretty impressed you managed to get the picture just about right. Only difference is the tie - I prefer red, not black like some teenage twit who's all bent about the world."
Rose merely shakes her head and smiles, stating "This version of you, perhaps," before the card flashes a bright yellow light. Constantine's body soon glows as well, and he screams just as his whole shape is incased in bright yellow light. Rose covers her eyes, and as the light fades she opens them to see John standing; lit cigarette, brown trenchcoat, and black dress tie over a white collared shirt.
"Thanks love," Constantine of Prime Earth says, dusting himself off. "Wasn't quite sure I'd be able to break through, even with the boost from the other council members."
"Your message was received, John Constantine." she says, bowing in gratitude. "I intend to call on your favor when this is over, Magician. If fate is in your favor, of course."
Sub-Zero slides backwards, ice forming beneath his feet as he dodges another right hook from Jakita. He quickly tosses several knives of ice at her, more as a distraction to gain distance, which she dodges or breaks with a huff of anger. She barrels forward as Sub-Zero hides behind a wall, smashing through it. He grunts in genuine surprise as she flanks him, grabbing him by the neck and slamming him into the ground, crushing his wind pipe and forcing him to gasp for air. She slams her foot down to curb stomp him, but he raises an ice shield to block her foot just long enough for him to roll away, shattering the ice in mere seconds and the concrete where his head once was.
He grabs her exposed leg, freezing the limb, before lifting himself into a sweep kick. She awkwardly bends down to block the blow that would shatter her frozen leg, before knocking the ice aside. Tenderly putting her weakened foot back, she assumes a defensive position as Sub-Zero forms an icy sword. As she gingerly puts pressure on her back leg, wincing in pain, she hears the wheezing breathes of Sub-Zero as he silently glowers at her. She was covered in cuts and the blue tinge of frostbite, while Sub-Zero's own uniform did little to hide the massive bruises from where she'd gotten in a few lucky hits.
"This is probably gonna be it, right Icy?" she asks teasingly, putting her fists up in a boxing pose. He nods in agreement, his voice a broken whisper as he responds with "It was an honorable fight, ma'am." She laughs, which quickly turns into a cough as she spits out blood. "Don't take that as disrespectful. The spitting was an accident."
"I had assumed as much."
Nodding their heads in respect to each other, Sub-Zero makes the first move, dashing forward and swinging with his sword. Jakita using a palm strike to throw the sword off balance, wincing as the ice draws blood on her hand. She ducks and swings with her other hand, shattering the frozen blade at the hilt. As the pieces of ice fall, Sub-Zero tries a quick jab towards her chest. She blocks and counters with a haymaker, which he catches. She yanks her arm backward before he can get a proper grip on her arm and freeze it, before throwing both arms forward for a double hammer fist. He blocks both arms, and kicks into her gut. Jakita falls back, catching herself despite the freezing feeling suddenly overtaking where Sub-Zero's kick had connected.
She swings, but Sub-Zero ducks and slams his fist into her gut, breaking through her now-frozen stomach and grabbing her spine. She stands still, his grip freezing her from the inside, and glares at him. "Not so smug, you son of a bitch," she manages to choke out, pulling her head back and slamming her temple into his with all her strength. The sheer force caves most of his face inward, shattering his skull and sending his neck twisting back with a sickening crunch, and he begins to collapse, tearing out Jakita's spine as he plummets. Both fall at the same time, collapsing into a heap with a thud.
As Delsin's neon form sprints through the debris of the sky bridge, he turns to see Joker leaping through the air, Arsene forming behind the teen. Delsin turns and fires a Phosphor Beam, the blast forcing Joker to dive through the air to avoid it. Delsin continues his light speed, using a Photon Jump to leap onto the side of the opposite building.
Joker watches the neon shape of Delsin sprint along the side of the building, and throws his grappling hook. It latches into a window, and Joker pulls himself to it, clearing the distance and crashing through the window. He looks out the window as Delsin continues to sprint. Placing the grappling hook securely to the ledge, Joker takes a few steps back before diving out the window. Joker runs along the side of the building, releasing his grip as the line goes taut, propelling him through the air.
Noticing Joker catching up to him, Delsin attempts to increase his speed, neon form dashing as fast as he can up the side of the building to its roof. Just as he crosses the edge, he feels Joker's hand wrap around his leg, dragging both back over the side and into the sky.
The Conduit recovers first, his neon thrusters letting him briefly levitate before Arsene appears, grabbing Delsin's leg and dragging him down. Joker draws his knife and swings it at Delsin, whose chain forms into a neon sword. The two briefly lock blades, with Joker angling himself through the free-fall to put Delsin beneath him. He shoves Joker up and away, his superhuman strength sending the teen impacting into the side of the building while he thrusts his hands back out. Delsin's thrusters put him back in the air, while Joker kicks off the building and takes another swing with his knife. This blow connects, cutting the backpack's strap and letting it fall below.
"What the hell's the matter with you?" Delsin yells over the sound of the wind. "Now neither of us-" he's cut off as Arsene casts Eigaon, a swirl of demonic smoke catching Delsin as Joker dives down after the bag. He catches it, before throwing his grapple and pulling himself onto the roof. Looking around at the rea, which included an empty helipad and little else, Joker holds the bag in his hand and turns to receive a neon flash from below. He's pushed to the floor as Delsin dashes up, an angry look in his eye and hands glowing in bright neon pink. Joker instinctively begins to run away, hoisting the bag's one remaining strap over his shoulder.
Delsin triggers his karma bomb, which sends debris flying into the air and suspending the retreating Joker in the air. As Delsin rises, Joker has Arsene form, sending the Persona flying towards Delsin with a demonic roar. The Conduit unleashes his radiant sweep, dozens of blasts of neon energy flying from his hands as he carpet bombs the roof. Joker is hit by one beam, nearly knocking him out with its power, while Arsene screams in pain as two connect. Before Delsin can finish the attack, Arsene closes the distance and opens his wings, a cloud of pink fog leaving them as he casts Dormina.
The Conduit, unable to resist the magic, falls asleep, going limp and hitting the ground with a thump, unconscious.
Joker groans as he stands, barely able to keep his eyes open and his chest burning from the neon blast. He looks at his watch, which revealed only thirty seconds left on his personal timer.
"Oi, squire - we need to have a chat."
Joker turns and sees Constantine, who places a finger onto Joker's head before he can protest. After a brief flash of light fills Joker's eyes, before Arsene forms behind him. Constantine smirks, his tie shifting from black to red, as Arsene casts Dormina again. The warlock falls asleep, leaving Joker to take a brief breathe before a bright light encompasses the area, erasing this battlefield for now.
Morrigan finishes her last adjustment, looking over the eluvian that she had managed to construct in such short notice. The large mirror stood at just over seven feet tall in a wooden frame, with exception to a small, metallic hole at the top. The eluvian glowed briefly before a shimmering form overtook its surface. She nods in satisfaction, and turns to her companions on the Council of Magi, as well as their mutual friends.
"It is done, Elijah, with your specifications in mind" Morrigan curtly states. "Although it is currently restricted to this plane, the eluvian is functional, and we may travel anywhere to the city from it."
Elijah, sitting at the long table in his mansion in DFederal, nods his head and turns to his companions; his lieutenants Sypha and Jakita, as well as a woman in a cybernetic mask and a man in a grey coat and sunglasses. "Your study of the beacon is complete, Tali?"
The Quarian nods, pulling out the User Beacon from her bag. The red and black button was surrounded in a complex metallic ring, which included two prongs extending from its sides. "Please move, Morrigan," Tali politely asks, with the mage chuckling as she does so.
"Finally, 'twould seem someone you know is capable of manners."
Elijah ignores the comment, watching as Tali walks towards the eluvian. "If my research into this device is correct, then it allows its wielder to manipulate the very reality of an object in this plane," Tali explains. "It allows one of us, a warrior, to act like a user over a single entity. It can be as simple as changing an object," Tali gestures to the table, which she causes to shrink and regrow before their surprised eyes, "Or as complex as completely negating a warrior's powers." Tali hands a pencil to Jakita before activating the beacon. The human woman attempts to break the pencil, who raises her eyebrows in shock as she struggles to even bend it in her hands.
"From what we've gathered, at least every user's assistant has one," Pete Wisdom states, throwing out several photos onto the table depicting various warriors with the same black and red badge. "The exception is Leo's former assistant, Saturos, who seems not to need it, and Cfp, who allows all of his security team to wear one when they're...working." Pete spits the last word out with disdain, thinking grimly about the first day when the reserved warriors were booted onto the streets with no notice or mercy.
Tali continues the mechanical explanation as she sets the beacon into the eluvian. "The limit is that the beacon can only affect a single thing at a time. But if Strange's theory is correct and the eluvian functions as it does while under the effects of the beacon..." Tali states, before the eluvian's shimmering surface is replaced by a black and red void. "We can use it to travel to the neighboring planes." Tali crosses her arms and smiles beneath her mask. "At least, we hope."
"There's only one way to be sure." Elijah states, standing. He turns to Sypha and Jakita, the latter already standing up with a frown on her face. "Before you say anything - don't volunteer for this. He might not even listen to me, let alone either of you."
"Surely you don't intend to go in there alone, Elijah?" Sypha asks with concern. "At least let one of the other members or the Council go with you."
Elijah shakes his head and crosses his arms. "I'm expendable. Now that Jakita's here to help you out, you two can keep an eye on the city while I'm gone." He winks at the fuming Jakita. "Consider it a direct order. And try not to fight while I'm gone."
As he approaches the mirror, coat billowing slightly from the wind emitting from the eluvian, he turns and gives one last look to Jakita.
"It's a strange world." he tells her, the rare smile on his face, before stepping into the eluvian and the unknown.
- 8th: Vivienne - Worst companion in Dragon Age getting the last place she deserves. She didn't have the mobility or the cunning to secure the bag and keep it for herself, nor the raw power to fend off any challengers. Her best bet would have been waiting it out, but she doesn't have the patience or the intellect to follow that sound strategy.
- 7th: Vanya Hargreeves - Vanya's got a significant amount of raw power at her disposal, by far being the most potentially destructive of any of the cast. That being said, she's also the least experienced, least trained, and least mentally prepared for this type of situation, which made her easy to exploit. Her fragile mental state and raw power also meant she would have been prioritized by the stronger fighters, not even allowing her to survive by being put on the backburner.
- 6th: Rose - Rose could've won in a more social or direct royale, thanks to her intelligence and her skill in hand-to-hand combat. The reason she couldn't survive is that this royale's quick pace and required lack of social talents made her two greatest strengths obsolete, putting her in a crossfire she couldn't avoid.
- 4th: Jakita Wagner & Sub-Zero - Both Jakita and Sub-Zero had advantages that make them deadly and lethal, as well as the know-how to use them. Jakita's raw strength meant that she was the most dangerous opponent in any one-on-one encounter that could've happened, but her lack of noteworthy mobility powers and her aggressive personality meant she'd inevitably be picking fights she shouldn't. Sub-Zero faced a similar circumstance, where his ice magic and hand-to-hand skills made him a deadly opponent, but his honor code and his penchant for fighting meant that he'd end up with people decently above his weight class.
- 3rd: Delsin Rowe - Delsin brought with him multiple advantages in this fight, with his grab bag of powers meaning he's prepared for almost any situation. The flaws in Delsin lied in his recklessness and his lack of experience, two personality traits that were easy to exploit from the top two contenders.
- 2nd: John Constantine - Constantine may not have been the most powerful contender in the cast, possibly the weakest, but he was also the smartest and the most willing to withdraw from the competition. He could defend himself in a fight well enough, while his manipulation and his trickery meant that people wouldn't treat him as a threat, allowing for his survival if not victory.
- WINNER" Joker - Joker's mobility, experience, and powerful Persona in the form of Arsene meant he could take any strategy of his choosing. His natural charisma allowed him to make allies in a brief moment, while Arsene's versatile magical power meant he could hold his own in any fight. It shouldn't be a surprise that in a battle where they had to keep an eye on the prize, it's no shock that the Phantom Thief stole the show.