The origins and much of the Slender Man's history are a mystery, though the stories date back to ancient Egypt and can be found all over the world. These stories always featured a pale, faceless, man dressed as a nobleman or a member of the aristocracy that preyed upon innocent children and left madness in its wake. These stories are regarded as nothing more than folktales, however, nothing more than cautionary tales to scare children into behaving or to scare one's friends while sitting around the campfire. Even today you can find stories of the Slender Man on various internet forums written by amateur writers with a fascination for horror. But be warned, they say that the more you take an intrest in the Slender Man the more he takes in intrest in you. So lock your doors and close the curtains if it makes you feel safe, but that sooner or later he comes for you.
- Tentacles: Slender Man is able to grow six tentacles from his back that he can use to grab, pierce, or just smack his targets. The full length of which Slender Man can grow these tentacles is unknown.
- Superhuman strength: Despite his slender stature, Slender Man is capable of effortlessly lifting and throwing a full grown man with only one arm. His tentacles have been shown capable of similar feats of strength and are capable of ripping off limbs.
- Superhuman durability: Shotgun pellets failed to pierce Slender Man's skin.
- Teleportation: Slender Man can teleport soundlessly short and long distances at will.
- Telekinesis: Rarely used, even when he does he only uses it to remove small obstacles (such as windows or doors) or levitate. Don't expect him to go all Jean Grey.
- Telepathy: One of Slender Man's more famous abilities is to directly mess with his victim's minds. Short term exposure can cause paranoia, hallucinations, depression, and agitation. Longer explosion can cause more extreem symptoms including bleeding from the nose, eyes, and ears, high fevers, vomiting, migraines and even blackouts. In even extremer cases, one can becomes a follower of Slender Man, referred to as a Proxy, when exposed long enough to his influence, though this typically takes weeks or months.
- Pyrokinesis: Locations visited by Slender Man tend to go up in flames, either before or after he has been sighted there. He usually uses pyrokinesis to destroy evidence of his existence, burn the houses of his victims or create walls of fire to block of potential escape routes.
Tom Riddle, later known as Voldemort, was one of the most powerful Dark Wizards to ever exsist. Concieved under the effects of a love potion, Riddle was unable to feel love or affection to his fellow man. Like many British wizards, he attended Hogwarts where his charisma and skill with magic earned him the admiration of both the student body and the teachers. He eventually learned of Horcruxes and grew obssed with achieving immortality, creating his first Horcrux when he was 16 and with it took his first life. After graduating, Riddle discarded his 'muggle name' and renamed himself Voldermort. Despite being a half-wizard, he started to believe that only pure blooded wizards should be allowed to use magic and that they should rule over non-magical humans. Though Voldemort came close to conquering the wizarding world, his physical body was destroyed when trying to kill Harry Potter, the boy prophesied to slay him. Even when he regained his physical form, Voldemort was unable to stop the prophesy from comming to pass and was ultimately killed for good.
Powers and Abilities
- Wand: Voldemort uses a rare wand made out of yew wood with a phoenix feather core. Yew wood wands have been said to be very effective at casting curses and for duels. Wands with a phoenix core are capable of the greatest range of magic and show initiative, somtimes acting out of their own accord, though being the powerful wizard he is, its likely that Voldemort has tamed it to the extent that it doesn't do that.
- Magic: Voldemort was the most powerful, skilled and dangerous dark wizard of all time. He was amongst the greatest wizards to have ever lived, often considered to be the second most powerful wizard in history, his only superior being Albus Dumbledore. Though spells require a specific incantation to be spoken by the caster along with an appropriate wand movement, Voldemort has mastered nonverbal magic. He also mastered wandless magic, though spells cast without a wand tend to be less potent. Below I listed a number of spells that Voldemort should be able to cast and are relevant to the fight.
- Crucio: One of the three Unforgivable Curses. Inflicted intense, excruciating pain on the victim, though does not inflict any physical damage.
- Avada Kedavra: The most famous of the three Unforgivable Curses and Voldemort's favorite spell. Causes instant death in the victim and cannot be blocked by any spell.
- Flipendo: Knocks the target back and sends them flying.
- Bombarda: Causes an explosion. These explosion are strong enough to crack walls and blow open reinforced doors.
- Depulso: Pushes objects and people away from the caster.
- Expelliarmus: Knocks the wand, or other weapon, out of the target's hand.
- Incendio: Casts flames that can be used to set shit on fire.
- Immobulus: Freezes the target in place.
- Glacius: Freezes the target in place with actual ice as opposed to just immobilizing them.
- Stupefy: Knocks the target outcold. Repeated use of this spell can cause injury and even death in human targets.
- Locomotor Mortis: Binds the target's legs together.
- Diffindo: A spell used to cut. When used against creatures or human beings, the charm can cause inujury.
- Protego: Casts an invisible shield that reflected spells and blocks physical entities. Shields typically disappear after being hit.
- Occlumency: The ability to magically closing one's mind against Legilimency which takes a great amount of willpower to master. Basic techniques of Occlumency mainly center around making one's mind 'blank and empty' so that there is nothing to read in the first place. More advanced thechniques involve creating a faux layer of mentality with fake memories that can throw off the perception of the reader and make them think they are observing a real layer. Since the exact methods of Slender Man's mind control works is unknown, I will leave up to the voters to determine how effective Occlumency will be.
- Flight: Allows the user to fly through the air without support from brooms.
- Transfiguration: A branch of magic that allows the user to turn one thing into an other. Voldemort has used transfiguration in past to turn a rope of fire into a snake, cast a silver shield, and construct an artificial hand of silver.
- Imperio: One of the three Unforgivable Curses. Places the victim completely under the caster's control, though a person with exceptional strength of will could resist it.
- Apparition: Enestially teleportation. Though its more often used for long distance travel, Voldemort was able to use it to evade Dumbledore's spells during their duel in the Ministry of Magic.
- Telekinesis: The ability to moving something with your mind, Voldemort likely achieves this through the use of non-verbal and wandless spell casting. He has shown to be capable of casually throwing grown adults around and forcing open a reinforced door.
- Aguamenti: Casts a jet of water from the tip of the caster's wand.
- Legilimency: Essentially mind reading. Practitioners of legilimency are capible of knowing when someone is lying, as well as reading their thoughts, emotions, and memories. Skilled practitioners like Voldemort are also capeble of causing realitic hallucinations in their victims. Because Slender Man's mind is likely a very alien one, I will leave it up to you weither or not Voldemort will be able to read it.
Slender Man has existed for over a thousand years, but usually fought against humans that are unable to fight back or do not have the means to properly harm him. Sometimes he relegates fighting to his human proxies, but is more than willing to step in himself if they aren't enough. That is as far as Slender Man's known fighting career goes. Honestly, there is not a lot to go off.
Voldemort first attended Hogwarts when he was 12 and it is likely that his classes included Defense Against the Dark Arts and Dueling (as far as classes that relate to combat), though he also experimented with magic on his own, and started to kill when he was 16 to create the six horcruxes. When he was 44, Voldemort kicked off the First Wizarding War, leading his Death Eaters against the British Ministry of Magic for about 11 years. It has been implied that he dueled Albus Dumbledore during that time and likely personally lead his followers in a couple of battles, though knowing his ego he probably only did so on battle he personally considered to be important. After his physical body was destroyed, Voldemort had to lay low and do nothing for a while before he finally returned. During the Second Wizarding War, he lead the Death Eaters against the Order of the Phoenix, fought Doumbledore again, and finally commanded his troops during the Battle of Hogwarts, during which he finally got killed by Harry Potter.
Slender Man tends to stick to the shadows, silently stalking its prey and using its telepathic powers to make them paranoid, and waiting for the right to strike. When dealing with groups of people he tends to turn them on each other by subtly making use of his telepathy, scarring them by more conventional means, or allowing one of his proxies to infiltrate the group. Its also worth noting that despite having existed almost as long as human memory that Slender Man is able to hide its existence well enough to be considered just a myth.
Voldemort has been the mastermind behind both wizarding wars and narrowly won both of them. He also has shown to be an amazing duellist and has been described as unpredictable and being able to fluently switch duelling styles mid fight. He was even able to push back against Minerva McGonagall, Kingsley Shacklebolt and Horace Slughorn (who were masterful duellists themselves) and manging to defeat all of them at once. Thus far only Dumbledore has been shown to be his match. He has shown to have a temper though, which could lead him to make rash decisions, like using the Elder Wand despite knowing it is not loyal to him wich ultimately lead to his demise, and has an equally large ego, viewing himself as the most powerful wizard in existence and refuses to do certain tasks if he doesn't view them as worthy of his attention, though he has shown to be capable of acknowledging his mistakes.
- The battle will take place within a dark forest unfamiliar to both warriors.
- Slender Man will start the fight hidden and Voldemort will not be aware of his pressence.
- Neither warrior will be backed up by their minions.
- Victory can be achieved by knock out or death.
- Voting ends when I feel like I had enough votes.
- Someone's vote can be reduced by half with a rebuttal.